Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla Model S 85kWh - Loaded, $77,000 OBO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Tesla Model S 85kWh - Loaded, $77,000 OBO

2013 Tesla Model S 85 kWh
VIN: 5YJSA1CN2DFP17851
14,547 Miles - (Mostly Highway)

Car of course has been garaged kept and well taken care. Prefer local pickup but willing to ship at buyers expense.

Features:
- Ceramic Window Tint
- Blue Metallic Paint
- Supercharger Enabled
- Tech Package
- Premium Interior Lighting
- Parking Sensors
- Smart Air Suspension
- Tan Leather
- Matte Obeche Wood
- Subzero Weather Package
- All Glass Panoramic Roof
- 19" Wheels
- 8 Year Factory Warranty + Extended Warranty (100,000mi)

Contact Me
618-772-9959

List Date: 3/12/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2013 Tesla Model S 85kWh - Loaded, $77,000 OBO
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $77,001.00 (Local Pickup Only)

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

N0SwzDrs7h3K.jpg
dZgSYTCxZECm.jpg
kQXB4JV5k85q.jpg
WgCNHk6KGp52.jpg
3u80XkqdYSc3.jpg
nn2wjUXW1kRN.jpg
qSzZpQjCJydV.jpg
54neZVKWAQt5.JPG
Aw3JSr2gZSkg.JPG
Bw0X5WGMceGf.jpg

Beautiful configuration and car, and close to me... but looking only here on TMC I see a '12 P85 for $75k, a '13 P85 for same price ($82k), and a '13 P85 for $80k. Being non-P, I think you re about $8-10k high. Best of luck though!

In the used market, the P doesn't command much of a premium over the S85. Typically the difference is about $3-4k for P in used. The larger battery (85 vs. 60) seems to hold value more than the speed in the secondary (used) market. At this point, any used vehicle over $80k needs to be really special, or be so recent as to have autopilot hardware.

It may be non P but for a 13 it only has 14,500 miles. I'm semi negotiable on price especially if you are local. Peoria, I see.

*price reduced to $80,000*

I'm going to break my own rule to stay out of these for sale threads where owners have unrealistic ideas of the value of their used Model S, but here's some REAL DATA:

I can go get an inventory car from Tesla (i.e. built in the last 1-4 months, used as a service loaner or demo vehicle) with all the new features (TACC, etc...) for $80k-$82k BEFORE $7500 TAX REBATE. A newer vehicle, better equipped, less miles, with full warranty, for $7k less than what you are asking. I have the quotes if you would like to see them.

I'm going to break my own rule to stay out of these for sale threads where owners have unrealistic ideas of the value of their used Model S, but here's some REAL DATA:

I can go get an inventory car from Tesla (i.e. built in the last 1-4 months, used as a service loaner or demo vehicle) with all the new features (TACC, etc...) for $80k-$82k BEFORE $7500 TAX REBATE. A newer vehicle, better equipped, less miles, with full warranty, for $7k less than what you are asking. I have the quotes if you would like to see them.

Plus in some states you get state incentives beyond that for new cars. Maryland for example offers an additional $3K rebate. So you can buy a virtually brand new "almost 2015" S85 with all the latest features for about $72K after the federal and state rebates. An S85 needs to be priced around $60K-$65K as otherwise for about $7-12K more you can buy an inventory car two years newer with two years more warranty and with all the latest features and improvements.

It may be non P but for a 13 it only has 14,500 miles. I'm semi negotiable on price especially if you are local. Peoria, I see.

*price reduced to $80,000*

The engineering in ElectriC Vehicles and especially in Tesla Model S, makes the association of mileage to depreciation somewhat moot and irrelevant.
Remember that in Electric Vehicles, because of the lack of moving parts, substantial difference in the systems working to provide movement and propulsion, and wear and tear of those systems, mileage does NOT translate the same in these cars as they would on an ICE.

I assure you that a "well maintained" Model S that is 3 years old, versus a BRAND new one will drive almost exactly, and the battery will sustain a very good amount of its initial charge (no more than 8% decrease in 2-3 years.
Test this theory out. Drive an "Old" Model S and drive a brand new one.
And check on their logs, charging, torque, propulsion, rate, etc. There will not be much difference.

Believe me, I know.
I go to my service center almost 3 times a month to get "something" done, just to milk the warranty, and I drive a loaner every time. I've driven a brand new 85, with like 50 miles on it, and it felt no different, looked no different, and charged no different, or anything else different, than my 2013 60kwh.

-R.

If you have such a great deal then why are you on the forums to begin with? I believe I'm entitled to my asking price? Besides Auto Pilot and Premium Sound....whats there to better equip? 14,000 miles is minimal and it also has extended 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

Why am I on the forum? Because I have a Roadster and am in the market for a Model S - thus why I have quotes for inventory cars. I thought that was self-evident.

And those aren't "great" deals either. They are just 3 available locally. I'm sure there are examples like those all over the country.

Yeah I lowered it to what I owe. I'm just looking to sell for my balance at this point.

I think the best thing for you to do would be to sell it to people who DON'T know about Tesla. Then you'd get what you're asking for it.
The thing is, those of us knowledgeable, understand everything that comes with your vehicle, but it always comes around to "why would we pay $78 w/out tax credit, when we could get a BRAND NEW one for $79k WITH the credit."
Regardless of how loaded your vehicle is, new is new. And for those of us wanting to buy a new one instead of a used that, that also translates to $7500 back or more.
I hope you do get what you're asking for it. But as I said, if you're looking to sell to people who knows these cars inside and out, they're going to scrutinize the heck out of the worth.

MODERATOR - can you create a "sticky" thread called "Why your asking price is too high" and let the same folks who attack every for sale ad simply post their redundant comments there? That way they won't need to type as much and can simply post a link to the sticky note...........

:biggrin: :biggrin:

I agree that this forum is probably the worst place to try to sell if expecting top dollar and the best place to buy if priced right. There are just so many well informed buyers aware of the supply/demand situation going on. I look at the overall market four ways: allofcraigs.com - Search ALL of Craigslist, cars.com, ebaymotors and TMC. In general the sweet spot to sell quick with mileage between 5k and 25k seems to be: P85 $72-$77k, S85 $65-72k, S60 $58-62K. Some options (dual Chargers, yacht flooring, 21 vs 19, third row seats) appear to have very little effect on the overall pricing, some options like Pano, Tech Package and Air Suspension have a much larger effect and low mileage seems to be expected and high mileage greatly discounted (>12k annually is excessive). Colors that seem to bring in the price premiums (white, silver, grey) and price discounts (black, blue, brown). The biggest killer of resale value seems to be low VIN (reliability, built quality, age, lack of newest features or combo?) and age (2012 ouch, 2013 snore, 2014 without auto-pilot meh and 2014 with auto-pilot big premium). Seems to me the depreciation curve is @ 2%/month and $1 mile which makes sense considering Tesla's own model is 1%/month and $1/mile for their demo/loaners. I'm thinking values will take a quick and painful 10% drop when the Xs start to reach garages and then flatten out by mid 2016 with used prices:p85 <$60k, S85<$55k and S60<$45k. The Tesla buy back program will also become a major player is used resale valuation. Well, there are my total amateur guesstimates for everyone to poke holes into and ultimately time will prove just how inaccurate. Of course, the car is amazing, life is short, talk is cheap and hard earned money is well worth spending but it's a fun mental exercise for me.

I agree that this forum is probably the worst place to try to sell if expecting top dollar and the best place to buy if priced right. There are just so many well informed buyers aware of the supply/demand situation going on. I look at the overall market four ways: allofcraigs.com - Search ALL of Craigslist, cars.com, ebaymotors and TMC. In general the sweet spot to sell quick with mileage between 5k and 25k seems to be: P85 $72-$77k, S85 $65-72k, S60 $58-62K. Some options (dual Chargers, yacht flooring, 21 vs 19, third row seats) appear to have very little effect on the overall pricing, some options like Pano, Tech Package and Air Suspension have a much larger effect and low mileage seems to be expected and high mileage greatly discounted (>12k annually is excessive). Colors that seem to bring in the price premiums (white, silver, grey) and price discounts (black, blue, brown). The biggest killer of resale value seems to be low VIN (reliability, built quality, age, lack of newest features or combo?) and age (2012 ouch, 2013 snore, 2014 without auto-pilot meh and 2014 with auto-pilot big premium). Seems to me the depreciation curve is @ 2%/month and $1 mile which makes sense considering Tesla's own model is 1%/month and $1/mile for their demo/loaners. I'm thinking values will take a quick and painful 10% drop when the Xs start to reach garages and then flatten out by mid 2016 with used prices:p85 <$60k, S85<$55k and S60<$45k. The Tesla buy back program will also become a major player is used resale valuation. Well, there are my total amateur guesstimates for everyone to poke holes into and ultimately time will prove just how inaccurate. Of course, the car is amazing, life is short, talk is cheap and hard earned money is well worth spending but it's a fun mental exercise for me.

Your "mental exercise" is confirming the time and research I have done. Maybe the most complete and succinct discussion of valuation I have seen here. Thanks.

Wshowell, what a marvelous reply to the thread commentary. Can there be any doubt that you've considered ALL of the aspects that affect the value of a used MS? As an owner of an 85, I can appreciate the points you make, and the real world value of my - magnificent - machine. Thanks for the 'distillation' . . .