Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hooksett NH Service Area/Supercharger Dedication on March 17th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new Hooksett NH service areas are being dedicated on Tuesday, March 17 at 11am. New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan will be there, as well as some Tesla VIPs. The event will be at the NORTHBOUND service area, so those approaching from the north will need to exit just before the toll booths and make a U-turn to get back on the highway heading north on I-93. Tesla owners are welcome to attend.

Great dedication event today at the new Hooksett NH Northbound Welcome Center! Five Tesla owners showed up and one of the sales crew from the Natick MA Tesla store. We had all six slots of the Supercharger humming. I got there first and achieved a charge rate of 379MPH!

New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan spoke, as well as a number of NH state officials. There were 200+ attendees and a gaggle of media. For me, the takeaway is that this is one of the most elaborate state welcome centers in the U.S., and Tesla is very fortunate to be part of it. This facility will likely be studied and replicated by many other states, including the Superchargers.

DSC_7640M.jpg

Last edited:
anybody hear any 'chatter' about CHADEMO, SAE CCS, or J1772s at the sites?
Yes, we spoke to the NH Department of Environmental Services people about this. They are keen on getting some "generic" chargers in, and they were apparently promised by Tesla that such chargers could tap into the Superchargers' transformer. The DES people were very happy about this, because they have a little grant money to help defray charger costs, but not enough to buy another transformer. They still clearly do not have any partner lined up to purchase the equipment, even with the grant.