Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

400 Superchargers!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
supercharger.info has 399 :scared:
Different ways of counting:
Tesla Motors: Counts superchargers on different sides of the highway (northbound/southbound) as 2 separate supercharger sites. Does not count all service centers locations with supercharger (for some mysterious reason some are listed and counted, others not - like Chicago Grand Avenue Service Center or Berlin Service Center).
supercharge.info: Counts all service center superchargers. Counts separate northbound/southbound superchargers as 1 site.

In general supercharge.info is ahead of teslamotors.com in countries with an active community of Tesla drivers with an interesst in supercharger developments (US, Canada, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria and to a lesser extent from UK and Italy). Lately supercharge.info has started getting some intelligence from the field in China as well. In France
supercharge.info seems to be without spies and thus are trailing behind teslamotors.com on updates.

Do you hear me France? Get inspector Closeau out there to look for upcoming superchargers!!

Different ways of counting:
Tesla Motors: Counts superchargers on different sides of the highway (northbound/southbound) as 2 separate supercharger sites. Does not count all service centers locations with supercharger (for some mysterious reason some are listed and counted, others not - like Chicago Grand Avenue Service Center or Berlin Service Center).
supercharge.info: Counts all service center superchargers. Counts separate northbound/southbound superchargers as 1 site.

In general supercharge.info is ahead of teslamotors.com in countries with an active community of Tesla drivers with an interesst in supercharger developments (US, Canada, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria and to a lesser extent from UK and Italy). Lately supercharge.info has started getting some intelligence from the field in China as well. In France
supercharge.info seems to be without spies and thus are trailing behind teslamotors.com on updates.

Do you hear me France? Get inspector Closeau out there to look for upcoming superchargers!!

Santa Rosa, NM and Ardmore, OK appeared on the Tesla Find Us page today, but are not yet on Supercharger.Info. That puts both the Tesla count and Supercharger.Info count over 400!

ON A ROLL

Yep, now over 400.
April 22 of 2013, was first 100.
Sept. 25 saw 200.
Dec. 17 was 300.
Mar. 13 hit 400.

Since September, every (less than) 90 days, another 100 Superchargers are coming on-line.

If Tesla Motors keeps introducing Superchargers this same pace, there will be over 700 active Superchargers by the end of 2015.

Awesome job Tesla Motors, just AWESOME.
Thank You for such excellence.

BTW, by my count the number of lower 48 states without Superchargers is now four: Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska and North Dakota

Thank you.
I stand corrected.
Currently five states still without Superchargers.

Even Rhode Island already has one....

While this may be a nice sounding metric, the midwest is a big hole in the system. NE and ND are pretty big states and Minnesota only has 2 in the very bottom 1/4 of the state leaving the bulk of the state underivable as far as SC are concerned.

Last edited:
While this may be a nice sounding metric, the midwest is a big whole in the system. NE and ND are pretty big states and Minnesota only has 2 in the very bottom 1/4 of the state leaving the bulk of the state underivable as far as SC are concerned.

Looking ahead on the 2015 TM Map, the five states become only three: AK, ND and NE.
It looks like four Superchargers will be added in MN sometime in 2015.

And if you are referring to large areas: All of Texas West of San Antonio and South of the Panhandle have until sometime in 2016 to be covered.

However: TM exceeded their promise of serving/connecting 80% of the US population before the end of 2014.
Now it is just a matter of serving the next 15% of the population to get it to 95% in 2015.

Looking ahead on the 2015 TM Map, the five states become only three: AK, ND and NE.
It looks like four Superchargers will be added in MN sometime in 2015.

And if you are referring to large areas: All of Texas West of San Antonio and South of the Panhandle have until sometime in 2016 to be covered.

However: TM exceeded their promise of serving/connecting 80% of the US population before the end of 2014.
Now it is just a matter of serving the next 15% of the population to get it to 95% in 2015.

Agreed this is nice but in Texas you don't have to worry about range loss when it is -20F. Outside of California, which is clearly their biggest market, it seems like colder climates should have been a higher priority since they take such a winter range hit. JMO though...

While this may be a nice sounding metric, the midwest is a big hole in the system. NE and ND are pretty big states and Minnesota only has 2 in the very bottom 1/4 of the state leaving the bulk of the state underivable as far as SC are concerned.
MSP is at least close enough to get onto the "Supercharger Highway" at either Eau Claire or Albert Lea. Situation there is akin to Maine, where the big population center (Portland) can hop onto the Supercharger Highway at either Hookset or Auburn, but travel within Maine isn't Supercharger enabled. Let's hope Tesla gets the 2015 expansion plans for each state underway quickly.

BTW, by my count the number of lower 48 states without Superchargers is now four: Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska and North Dakota

You forgot Maine.

There are now five states of the 48 without Superchargers, Arkansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska and North Dakota.

According to the Tesla Map, that will be down to 3 by the end of 2015, Arkansas, Nebraska, and North Dakota.

Another way to look at it, there are still glaring holes in cross-country travel. CA to FL via South Dakota? Still? Really? Major cross-country interstate routes are still lacking.

• I-90 - Billlings, MT to Rapid City, SD (390 miles on I-90, 320 on the US 212 shortcut). Macedonia, OH to Syracuse, NY doesn't work, unless you detour through Canada.
  • I-70 isn't doable in a 60, and is probably dicey in an 85 in winter, thanks to the 220 mile hole in Missouri between Independence and St. Charles.
  • I-40 is iffy, although the permitted sites in NM and TX will solve the problem.
  • I-44 is a wasteland, from Oklahoma City to St Louis.
  • I-10... Oh, why bother...
Why is Missouri not getting any love? Seems like Springfield and Columbia are obvious targets. Tulsa, too.

I have this fantasy of buying a used MS in CA, then taking a 2 week roadtrip home via Rt 66 (or what's left of it). MO would be slow going.

You forgot Maine.

There are now five states of the 48 without Superchargers, Arkansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska and North Dakota.

According to the Tesla Map, that will be down to 3 by the end of 2015, Arkansas, Nebraska, and North Dakota.

Looks like two states join Hawaii and Alaska with no Superchargers: Arkansas and North Dakota. Any bets on which of the lower 48 will be the last to get a Supercharger? And over/under on when all lower 48 will have at least 1 Supercharger?