Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone driven to Cabo San Lucas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
- and is this the right forum for such a query?

We're already looking into places to go next winter. I don't think we're really interested in joining the Baja 500. Nor in finding out if gray whales like jumping onto Model Ss. :eek:

I did see the pictures he took back then... Lots of beautiful places. We used to fly down to Cabo a lot in the 70s -- before there was a real airport -- the few hotels had their own runways instead... I went back in the 90s and was amazed at how developed it had become...

i love Cabo. I wouldn't think to drive there. It's like 1000 miles from my house. Even from San Diego it's like 900+ mi.

I've sailed (cruise ship) from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas - great city. Google maps says is 1,000+ miles from my house in San Diego. In a Model S, with no insurance, no SuperChargers, unknown other charging infrastructure, some dirt roads with miles of nothing, ..., not sure I'd attempt it - yet.

I would go:

San Diego
San Quintin
Lunch stop intersection Hwy 12 add 50 miles
Guerro Negro
Mulege
Loretto
La Paz
Cabo San Lucas

Edit:

From there, an adventure would be to take the ferry to Mazatlan and then drive north on the mainland of Mexico!

Last edited:
You may want to check out some of the RV sites (i.e., rvparkreviews.com) to get a sense of the quality of electrical service. There may be better sites, i'm not an RVer. Looks like plenty of RV parks in Baja, though. I don't know the conditions under which the S will refuse to charge (voltage fluctuations, non-standard cycles, etc).

About 10 years ago my wife, brother and I towed a smallish boat all the way down over a couple weeks. Once past Ensenada, it was mostly beautiful, sparse and friendly. Camped, fished and dove a lot. Loved it but am not sure about the safety now. Best bet for charging would be the RV parks and there is a Baja RV club that you might be a good resource.
Vagabundos del Mar RV, Boat Mexico Group Activities and Tours

i live in BCS, los cabos, there`s many chargers on san jose del cabo, cabo san lucas, la paz etc. In los cabos you can find them on hotels (sheraton, viceroy, gran velas, grand fiesta americana, hilton, solaz, etc), in malls (plaza patio, plaza las palmas), in supermarkets like Fresko, and in car dealerships like audi or nissan)... In La Paz idk where you can find them, but you can check it on google. I know there are chargers. I ´ve ordered a Tesla Model 3, i will get it in 3 months. So, i know what im talking about

i live in BCS, los cabos, there`s many chargers on san jose del cabo, cabo san lucas, la paz etc. In los cabos you can find them on hotels (sheraton, viceroy, gran velas, grand fiesta americana, hilton, solaz, etc), in malls (plaza patio, plaza las palmas), in supermarkets like Fresko, and in car dealerships like audi or nissan)... In La Paz idk where you can find them, but you can check it on google. I know there are chargers. I ´ve ordered a Tesla Model 3, i will get it in 3 months. So, i know what im talking about
I took this photo, in the back side of the cars, you can see the tesla chargers

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-02-19 a la(s) 20.40.02.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-02-19 a la(s) 20.40.02.png
    875.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Informative
Reactions: IdaX