Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The worst supercharger park job I've ever seen. Any others?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, I guess Tesla owners are not immune to being AHoles. But this is much more egregious than ICE'ing since they know fully well what these chargers mean to other owners unlike some ICE drivers who may have their head in the sand about what a Tesla even is.

Trying to convince myself this is some anti telsa/ev stunt.....lol

This happened at the Charlotte, NC SC. 4 Tesla owners met there for lunch. When I got there first there was an old Dodge, paint peeling parked taking up 3 station. I walked over to say something and he gets out of the car and says the charger's are not turned yet and he was there to meet a guy to turn it on. I advised him my car was charging. 2 other owners arrived and he backed up only taking up 1 space. They plugged and both cars started charging. He called someone and they advised they had been approved.

P1060121.JPG

Tesla seems to not want to do much when Supercharger's are iced, but a Model S blocking off charging spots like that is totally unacceptable...I would hope that we could report the VIN # of this vehicle to Tesla (who could perhaps email a warning to the offender advising him / her that future Supercharger transgressions of this sort will be dealt with by a possible suspension of Supercharging capabilities...)

Was it so dumbfounding that you forgot to take a pic of its license plate? I can think of no reason not to create Walls of Shame.

The supercharger cables are short, you have to back in pretty close in some places, the photo in the OP is obviously at night, and there's obviously other open charging spaces; maybe it was someone's first time at a supercharger, we don't have to assume it was an intentionally bad act that the owner does regularly do we? Sure, it's a silly way to park but I'd have left a polite note and then give the benefit of the doubt. No need for shaming, doxing, warnings or lynchings....
:smile:

With that water puddle at the front of the parking stall, maybe the driver did not want to splash any onto his car. Probably just washed it earlier in the day. No excuses though.

Some people have an outrageous sense of entitlement.

I have been the passenger in cars where the driver is completely unable to back up and place their car between pretty white lines - even with great side mirrors, backup camera, AND guide lines on the camera screen. And a nice wide space as a target. THREE tries! And still not right. Was everything I could do to keep from pushing them out of the driver's seat and just doing it for them. But given they were much larger than me & probably would have felt emasculated, I just kept my mouth shut and only mentally rolled my eyes.

Some people just aren't good at backing up.