Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I can't access my Slacker Premium account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the same boat as Tomnisim; new P85D and purchased premium Slacker radio through my IPhone. I called Tesla Technical Support and other than giving me the coded User and Login numbers for my VIN, they offered no guidance. Now I have basic in the new car and Premium Slacker on my iPhone and obviously I want Premium Slacker in the Tesla. What do I do? I was born a generation (or 2) too early for this to be routine. Thanks in advance for the help.

Dirk's instructions were accurate. Hit the Controls button in the lower left corner of your touchscreen, then touch the Settings tab in the upper right, then pick Apps in the upper left, then the Media Player with the quarter note icon.

At that point, you might have to press Log Out to allow access to the email and password fields associated with your Slacker Premium account. Type them in the boxes, press Log In and viola!

Hope that helps.

What does the Slacker premium account give you over the "free" Tesla account?

I was thinking about upgrading, the things I'm looking for specifically are:
1. Ability to play a full album
2. Ability to replay the same song, without having to wait the 4 hour window.

I've heard mixed reviews about how well these 2 items work in the car, with the premium account (though they work perfectly on the computer with premium)

1. Ability to play a full album
2. Ability to replay the same song, without having to wait the 4 hour window.

I do #1 all the time. The Tesla interface doesn't support it very well, so what I do is add the album via the web interface and then can play it whenever I like through the favorites menu. I'm not sure what #2 means. I have a playlist that contains a single song and I can play it as often as I like, but the "back" button on the player interface doesn't work so I cannot force a particular song to replay when it comes up as part of a station.

I do #1 all the time. The Tesla interface doesn't support it very well, so what I do is add the album via the web interface and then can play it whenever I like through the favorites menu. I'm not sure what #2 means. I have a playlist that contains a single song and I can play it as often as I like, but the "back" button on the player interface doesn't work so I cannot force a particular song to replay when it comes up as part of a station.

For #2, my kids request to listen to a particular song "Play XYZ". I play it for them. They say "We want to hear it again!", So I try "Play XYZ", click the song again, and it's a licensing thing with the slacker free account, slacker can't play the same song again within 4 hours. So it plays a different song. And they get all disappointed, heh.

So it's likely worth the upgrade for me, thanks for the info.

You can save each track of the Album sequentially to a playlist as well, if you require the back skip functionality.

I've actually done that... sort of. Made a compilation of my favorites from a particular artist into a Playlist. The other weird thing I find about Albums is that it doesn't seem to always play the songs in "album order". I get all the songs, but I think they might sometimes be randomized.