Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 deposit...how much will we need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are your deposit amounts based on the projected cost of the Model 3?

If those are the final deposit amounts I think it will cause an explosion of Model 3 deposits.

It's a guess, plain and simple. The Model S deposit amount was reduced from 5 to 2.5k. I can't imagine Tesla would ask for more than 2.5k for a car costing halfish (base price to base price of the 60). And since we're looking down market a bit, I can't see that segment putting down a deposit amount any larger. $1500 sounds about right to me in the end, but again I'm straight up guessing.

It's a guess, plain and simple. The Model S deposit amount was reduced from 5 to 2.5k. I can't imagine Tesla would ask for more than 2.5k for a car costing halfish (base price to base price of the 60). And since we're looking down market a bit, I can't see that segment putting down a deposit amount any larger. $1500 sounds about right to me in the end, but again I'm straight up guessing.

I know we are but it's fun.

Love it, but Tesla should keep the Sig reservation rate at $40k. $2500 is fine for the Std. My estimate is 40k pre-orders the week after reservations go live, although it could be much, much more:

1k Sigs x $40k = $40,000,000
39k Std x $2500 = $97,500,000

Total Deposits for Model ≡: $137,500,000

Not chump change. My extended family will have at least 4 of the slots.

Love it, but Tesla should keep the Sig reservation rate at $40k. $2500 is fine for the Std. My estimate is 40k pre-orders the week after reservations go live, although it could be much, much more:

1k Sigs x $40k = $40,000,000
39k Std x $2500 = $97,500,000

Total Deposits for Model ≡: $137,500,000

Not chump change. My extended family will have at least 4 of the slots.

I doubt the Signature will be as high as $40k but $25K wouldn't surprise me.