Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

July 25 - Midwest Teslas Gathering on the Shores of Lake Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Calling all Midwest Tesla Owners.
UPDATE:
So much is happening for the event. For something that I originally envisioned as a simple road trip and dinner for the St. Louis Tesla Enthusiasts, it sure has grown. We've got Teslas coming from all over the Midwest.

Tesla has given us a number of items to use as door prizes and Crystal Mountain in NW Lower Michigan will be giving everyone who attends a $100 for the resort. In addition, there will be a drawing during dinner for a 2 night stay at Crystal Mountain.

I've gotten some flexibility on when I need to get my final numbers in for dinner. So if you were thinking about coming you now have till July 23rd to register.

For those of you who can't make TMC or couldn't make the "Reach the Beach" event this spring. Here is your opportunity to get together and swap stories with other Tesla owners and enthusiasts in the Midwest. Those of you on the east and west coasts are, of course, welcome to join us.

Come join fellow Midwest Tesla Owners July 25th in Chicago for a drive up Lake Shore Dr, followed by dinner at Moxee Restaurant and Mad Mouse Brewery.

Have fun swapping Tesla stories and learning new things about your car, all while sampling some of the Mad Mouse brews and enjoying items from Moxee's smokehouse.

DETAILS::

Dinner

6:30 pm Guests start arriving

7:00 pm Dinner

Dinner will be buffet style http://files.meetup.com/6175892/Midwest%20Tesla%20Gathering%20-%20Chicago%202015%20menu.pdf

Cost: $38/person, paid in advance, and includes dinner, dessert, non-alcoholic drinks, tax and tip. Payment due: July 15, 2015 fully refundable up to July 16th.

To Reserve a seat: please complete the following registration form [WIKI]https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XFPRP8L[/WIKI]
and remit payment to liz(at)stltesla.org via PayPal (please use a person to person transfer)

Drive up Lake Shore Dr

~ 4:00 pm St. Louis owners arrive at Country Club SC 4201 167th St. Country Club Hills, IL 60478

4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Meet and Greet. Other drivers arrive.

5:00 pm Drive up Lake Shore Dr with photo stops along the way (map will be provided)

~ 6:30 pm Arrive at Moxee Restaurant and Mad Mouse Brewery

For further details check out: http://www.meetup.com/Saint-Louis-Tesla-Enthusiasts/events/221082624/

Last edited:
Finally we have all the details, well most of them at least, ironed out. Check out the initial post, I've updated it.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone this summer in Chicago. Outside of TMC, the biggest group of Teslas I've been apart of is the group that did the initial run up Mt. Evens. There were 29 Teslas that day. Would be great if we could be that on the 25th.

Things are coming together well for our get together in Chicago.

We have owners coming from all over the Midwest, Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Wisconsin and possibly Michigan.

Looks like Tesla may be getting us some door prizes. Plus there will be a special take away for everyone joining us for dinner.

If you haven't signed up, make sure to do so and save you spot. You don't need to sign up for our Meet up group. Just fill out the reservation form here and send in payment.

Exciting news!

The University of Illinois - Chicago will be shutting down historic Maxwell Street for our Midwest Tesla Gathering. We'll be able to park up and down the street while we eat dinner and socialize at Moxee and The Mad Mouse Brewery.

Exciting news!

The University of Illinois - Chicago will be shutting down historic Maxwell Street for our Midwest Tesla Gathering. We'll be able to park up and down the street while we eat dinner and socialize at Moxee and The Mad Mouse Brewery.

Bummer. I'm a Chicago native and will be driving through a week earlier from VA. I definitely would have joined had the dates lined up.

@Liz G

Do you know if there's any arrangement for hotels/motel for the group?

There is no specific hotel. I do know that the group from St. Louis is staying here

Hampton Inn & Suites Bolingbrook
165 Remington Blvd., Bolingbrook, Illinois, 60440, USA TEL: +1-630-759-7100

It's about 1/2 hours drive from Moxee down 55, perfect for those of us from St. Louis. The hotel does not have charging but we are planning on stopping for brunch at Two Brothers and filling up there.

Also, there is couple coming from Ohio who are staying at The Drake in Chicago.

Last edited:
1 day till the big Tesla gathering in Chicago. You can follow all us on twitter @LithieTWTesla #MWTG

MWTG logo.jpg

That's my beautiful sig red!

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some of my pictures from the event:

First, an image I have to caption:

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we have a full frunk, half a pack of battery charge, it's afternoon, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it!"

10983217_10205945807597558_3708389550844011774_n.jpg

We commandeered the taxi/bus driveway in front of the Museum of Science and Industry:

20150725_175844_Pano_2.jpg
20150725_180232.jpg

Then we headed toward the restaurant where we all parked along the street:

mod_20150725_203230.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, we were missing 5 colors -- the green, the brown, the new gray, titanium, and the new blue.

There was an IL car with the TESLA plate I thought was part of the group but left? Was it just a stop by?
It was great meeting everyone there.

Yes, I think they were just passing through.

(Illinois specialty plates append the two final characters to the plate. "TESLA" is still available on many other designs. The plate there was the environmental plate (EN), so it's "TESLA-EN", but they have TESLA still available for Agriculture, Youth Golf, etc. :) )