Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have experience with Dania Beach, Florida delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Done it twice. Just recently when I got my P85D and in July 2013 with the "old" S85. It's pretty much a standard "new Tesla owner" briefing or as they call it, orientation. The second time the DS didn't need to go into as much detail as I was a previous owner. Allow a good 1/2 hr to do the paperwork and orientation. Both times were during the week. They might do Saturday deliveries but I'm not sure about that.

I also did a weekday delivery there. They wouldn't take credit card to close the deal (I wanted some extra cash back!), so either bring your checkbook or be sure to have your banking ABA and account number handy. The briefing was good, but for me was pretty much repeat of everything I learned watching the welcome video online.

I already had a NEMA 10-30 outlet in the garage (old dryer outlet), so I asked for an adapter before I left with the car. They gave me one free of charge, which was very nice and convenient. Saved me from having to order one online and wait for it to arrive.

Dania will do weekend delivery on Saturday with normal scheduling and on Sundays if you need it. They are crowded and understaffed, or so it seemed to me when i took delivery on a weekday. If you have the option I would suggest taking delivery in West Palm Beach instead because they are, so far, much less busy and far more helpful. For example, I went to West Plam Beach to use the Supercharger on a Sunday and ended out with a minor correction in my new car that Dania did not do prior to or at delivery. Dania also has trouble completing all the work they agree to. Did I say they're busy?

That said, West Palm Beach parking now is full of pre-owned S's, mostly P85. It is fair to assume that they'll also be quite busy fairly soon.