Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio Update: "Lane keeping and self-parking updates will be available soon."

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
Just noticed that in the Design Studio, Tech Package with Autopilot option, at the bottom it now says "Lane keeping and self-parking updates will be available soon." I don't remember seeing this statement before. In the past, it just said the previous sentence (which is still there) "Autopilot features are made available through progressive software updates." Given all the slack Tesla has been getting from us about missed deadlines/promises, I'm surprised they would use a statement like that rather than "coming months" or "next few months" or "spring/summer/winter, etc.,".

Here is what Oxford Dictionary says about the word "soon":

soon, adj. : Oxford English Dictionary

He was referring to the Design Studio and I think you're looking at the main Model S page. The "available soon" is on the Canadian Design Studio as well.

http://my.teslamotors.com/en_CA/models/design

Typo on my part, I was also refering to the canadian design studio, not the store.

I don't see it.. Maybe I'm hitting an old version? (Tried refreshing and everything)

CanadianDesign.png

I think this text change happened within the last few days. After the recent major Design Studio changes (navigation becoming standard feature, metallic paint price increases, removal of dual charger option, HPWC, winter wheels, etc.,) it was still using the same text shown in the Canadian site snapshot above (I know cause I've been re-reading that text periodically to try to get a sense of when the other autopilot features are coming). It would be odd for Tesla to suddenly update the US site to say "soon" unless they were really getting ready to release it.

I am reminded of a useful cultural factoid whilst living on the Baja peninsula one year: "Mañana does not mean tomorrow. It just means... not today."

Once one understands that very basic concept, all becomes well.

Unfortunately, a lot of customer goodwill is lost due to unnecessarily poor quality and even
more unnecessary design flaws. It seems rather unfair to expect the excellent Tesla Service teams to resolve so many remaining items.

Getting the rest of the autopilot features that have been available for years elsewhere (Volvo, Mercedes) would be nice, yes.

More leading by example and less catching up and lost energy fixing silly things would be preferable.

+1 - so we are wondering how "soon" is soon? Aug 1 is rapidly approaching and not a peep out of Tesla about lane keeping. This "feature" is the reason we purchased our 70D and not having it, after paying for it (and waiting for it), is really starting to bother me.

+1 - so we are wondering how "soon" is soon? Aug 1 is rapidly approaching and not a peep out of Tesla about lane keeping. This "feature" is the reason we purchased our 70D and not having it, after paying for it (and waiting for it), is really starting to bother me.

Chademo adapter was labelled "soon" well over a year before it started shipping. So that's one data point.