Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dell TP713 Wireless Touchpad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a USB floppy drive has been found to work, but not a hard drive, or CD/DVD player.

Any USB HID device that emulates a mouse would work, trackball, touchpad, anything... and yes it's to mouse around and select things on the 17". Try it! Moving and left button work as expected. Any other button on the mouse seems to do weird things, like half hearted attempts scroll window contents.

I give the mouse to kids in the back and now I have FULL VOICE COMMAND over anything on the console. They do what I ask. It's excellent! I named my kid Siri.

I think a USB floppy drive has been found to work, but not a hard drive, or CD/DVD player.

Any USB HID device that emulates a mouse would work, trackball, touchpad, anything... and yes it's to mouse around and select things on the 17". Try it! Moving and left button work as expected. Any other button on the mouse seems to do weird things, like half hearted attempts scroll window contents.

I give the mouse to kids in the back and now I have FULL VOICE COMMAND over anything on the console. They do what I ask. It's excellent! I named my kid Siri.

Floppy drives work because they are FAT16. CDs don't work because they are CDFS. I'm guessing CDFS is disabled in the car's OS. Most embedded Linux distros do away with it.

i think a usb floppy drive has been found to work, but not a hard drive, or cd/dvd player.

Any usb hid device that emulates a mouse would work, trackball, touchpad, anything... And yes it's to mouse around and select things on the 17". Try it! Moving and left button work as expected. Any other button on the mouse seems to do weird things, like half hearted attempts scroll window contents.

I give the mouse to kids in the back and now i have full voice command over anything on the console. They do what i ask. It's excellent! I named my kid siri.

Good stuff.

"Hey Siri!"

You should name your next kid Cortana.

:)