Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmation that Tesla has started a CPO program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

Someone in New Jersey has posted stating that he just bought a used Model S through the not yet "officially" announced Tesla CPO program. See New Owner - 3 issues; Alignment, Taillight bugs, seatbelt Noise

His post is primarily about a few minor issues he has with the car that he has asked Tesla to address. Since a Tesla CPO program is significant news, and I had not yet seen anyone else post that it is confirmed by Tesla (I have seen some posts but they seemed to be just rumors) and this person says it is confirmed, I thought I would start this thread about it to draw attention to the news.

I talked to the one of the service people in the Portland SC about the CPO program last Friday (it came up because they mentioned that my trade in car was "in storage"). And they said that it was quietly being launched in a few select locations, but not generally open across the US, yet. When I started asking more questions I got the "sorry, can't say more, can't give you dates" response, but the statement that sales had started in "select locations" was pretty clear.
I simply forgot to post about it as I was in the process of picking up my new car and that clearly distracted me a tiny bit...

I talked to the one of the service people in the Portland SC about the CPO program last Friday (it came up because they mentioned that my trade in car was "in storage"). And they said that it was quietly being launched in a few select locations, but not generally open across the US, yet. When I started asking more questions I got the "sorry, can't say more, can't give you dates" response, but the statement that sales had started in "select locations" was pretty clear.
I simply forgot to post about it as I was in the process of picking up my new car and that clearly distracted me a tiny bit...

Yes, I can confirm the CPO soft launch has started, at least around here. Not a lot of inventory at this time however

Well a whole tractor-load of inventory just showed up here at Rockville Service Center. Was surprised to see them shipped in non-covered trailer, then noticed they are mostly P85s and P85+.
Sounds like they are running out if room to store them and will be plenty busy getting them ready.

Can you share the purchase price? Do you know if they are offering (or planning to) leases on CPOs? Thanks for the update!

sure.
it was a great deal actually. and i have to say the best car buying experience i have ever had. never felt pressured the entire time, there were no sleazy "finance managers" or "let me bring in my manager" conversations.
their CPO price is same as the new as in it's non-negotiable.
we got a pretty much loaded, tech, pano, cold weather, turbine 19" with 8k miles '14 60kw for 62.5k which was an amazing deal since it also comes with bumper to bumper till 2020 and drive train till 2021
and the financing part was extremely easy, they just show you the options on what purchasing would look like and what leasing would look like at the store computer.
then we put our 2,500 deposit like buying new and everything else is handled between you and tesla directly online. we have a mytesla account and take care of any of the financing options there directly.
hope this helps someone decide but we def. feel that this is absolutely the way to go for purchasing vehicles. my wife made the comment that it's weird how buying this car was easier then buying her iphone.

This is very significant news. That Tesla would sell used cars precisely as they sell new ones is perfectly logical, but AFAIK, unprecedented. Wonderful!

wow, that's huge news, why the heck doesn't Tesla announce these things. Thanks!

I think for the same reason they don't advertise - demand still far outstrips supply. I'm guessing that with the limited number of Model S trade ins they've gotten to date they are easily able to resell them with a "soft launch" CPO program. No sense in making a big announcement, getting folks all lathered up and then have to tell them "...we don't have any more to offer you..."

I think for the same reason they don't advertise - demand still far outstrips supply. I'm guessing that with the limited number of Model S trade ins they've gotten to date they are easily able to resell them with a "soft launch" CPO program. No sense in making a big announcement, getting folks all lathered up and then have to tell them "...we don't have any more to offer you..."
Yes, they have a few hundred cars available now. I'm betting they are doing a crawl - walk - <it will be a long time before they need "run"> launch to make sure they shake the bugs out of the system and processes...

no worries all. was happy to share. it's amazing they have the process/systems down so well already given it's obviously limited release. also awesome that the pricing they provided was way better then i would've found from other private parties or dealers along with the obvious benefits of CPO and dealing directly with Tesla.