Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any out of warranty repairs yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
For those of you beyond 50K miles or 100K miles with ESA, have you had any out of warranty repairs yet or has your Tesla been problem free after the warranty expired? If, not what needed fixing and how much was it?

I am out of warranty. Not because 4 years have past, but the mileage is over 100.000 km (waaranty is 80.000).

My radio stopped working.

So I went to Feldkirchen to have it repaired. They replaced it and did a software upgrade. It was completed in about one hour.

No bill. I am happy.

I am over 50K and chose not to purchase the ESA. Aside from creeks and rattles which I have given up on fixing, the car has been working OK. The one issue it does have is the FM radio is mostly non-functional (no reception on any station). This has been an ongoing issue since before the warranty expired. Tesla is aware of it, but I am loath to take into be serviced (not convenient), so I plan on having them look at it whenever I really need to take it in again.

They want $1200 for defective windshield replacement and they want $961 to replace bushings. I refused both. I did pay about $250 for a pair of TPMS sensors so that TPMS warning would finally go away. Not happy with their pricing so far. (No ESA)

@yobigd20::: I think I read your other post where you stated that you want put lot of miles on MS...I am just like you ...In my first year I am close to 30,000 mile mark. I am debating whether to buy ESA...based on how many miles I am driving I don't think it is worth paying $200 deductible and pay for ESA as well...

Having said that the parts are very expensive as well. Confused :confused: