Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's best (fastest) place to charge Tesla near Greenville?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until the SC is completed, can someone recommend a fast public near Greenville? We want to to travel from Charlotte to Atlanta round trip and need a good place to charge along the way. I see several chargers in Plugshare but it would be nice to hear from someone who is familiar with the area. thank you. joe

Until the SC is completed, can someone recommend a fast public near Greenville? We want to to travel from Charlotte to Atlanta round trip and need a good place to charge along the way. I see several chargers in Plugshare but it would be nice to hear from someone who is familiar with the area. thank you. joe

One of the main reasons I am looking for an 85 vs. a 60 is because of regular trips between Charlotte and Atlanta. Glad to hear there are options. I always figured we could stay at an RV park for a bit or overnight, but I kept getting told how we don't have to do with both of our current ICEs. Hope you have a great trip!

FWIW, I can make it from Charlotte to the Decatur supercharger in an 85 without stopping as long as I'm careful (not too speedy). Having a SC in Greenville would make it a carefree trip without having to worry about temperature and speed, can't come too soon!

Last edited:
I drove from the Charlotte SC to Suwanee today in a P85D. I stopped at the Tanger Outlet in Commerce and charged (J1772; 20m/hr=slow) for an hour to get a little cushion. I averaged around 305Wh/m so definitely could have made it without the charge. Getting to Decatur or midtown SC would be really pushing it. Planning on doing the same on my return trip. Weather today was great for the battery.

FWIW, I can make it from Charlotte to the Duluth supercharger in an 85 without stopping as long as I'm careful

Duluth supercharger? You mean the Nissan dealer's Chademo in Duluth GA? Or NRG Chademo in Buford GA (Mall of Georgia)? I would definitely point people towards the latter, and anyway it's an easy choice because it's about 13 miles closer (to Charlotte).