Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Melb Meet - Sunday 29 March

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all Melbourne / Victorian Tesla owners and potential owners and visitors from interstate.

Sunday 29th March 10:30 am brunch (it is Sunday in Melbourne after all!) at the http://www.piggerycafe.com.au/ seems to work for those I have spoken to. 10:30 is early enough to have relatively clear roads and, if it is a fine day, we will hopefully beat any crowds. There is plenty of defensive parking at the café and obviously good food.

Jeff is going to suggest a route (it is the Dandenong Ranges after all) - could make for an interesting trip home?

Cheers
Higgy

My wife and I are visiting from Canada and we are Model S 85 owners in Ottawa, Canada. We can advise about severe winter driving as we experienced much of that in Feb with -20C, snow, slimy roads and worse conditions, especially how cold weather affects range of the car.

We would like to join you for your brunch If acceptable. Unfortunately we will need to drive an ICE car to the brunch.

We look forward to meeting Australian Tesla owners in a couple of weeks.

HIGGY: How many owners are we talking about? Aussie Bob

Hi Aussie Bob,

It will be great if you can come - it will be great to exchange info with someone who has owned a Tesla for more than 3 months!

We will also have Mat from Sydney who will be driving his Tesla to Melbourne...

In terms of owners there are about 14 or so on this site, plus those waiting for delivery. However, I estimate there have been more than 40 registered in Melbourne, around 180+ Australia in total up to the end of January.

There were ~60 registered in NSW up to December 2014 (cant find the specific reference - its posted on this site) ) so this would seem correct. However NSW 2014 registrations included the demo cars including those in Melbourne.

Cheers
David

Last edited:
PS: Let me know if you can make it.

We plan to come. We are new owners also as we took delivery in Sept 2014 and have only driven in cold weather since our purchase. We are looking forward to driving the car in warmer weather when the rated range is closer to the actual range driven!!

My wife, Janette, is an Australian and is the reason we have been coming to Australia for 16 years since my retirement. We try to avoid the cold Canadian weather as much as possible.

We look forward to meeting Australian Tesla owners on March 29.

Bob and Janette

Hi Higgy,
Sorry for the delay.

Getting there: For those coming from the city, you can either use M1 (exit at route 22; Ferntree Gully Rd) or
M1.png

Eastlink (exit at route 26; Burwood Hwy). Note: Both routes above have tolls.
Eastlink.png

Optional: via Belgrave (there is a train departing at 10:30am from Puffy Billy station, or check out timetable for arrival and departure from station)
puffying.png

Getting out:Here are also some suggested combination for those that just love to drive :biggrin:.
Combo 1: Sherbrooke - Sassafras - Olinda - Monbulk - Belgrave
Combo1.png

Combo 2: Sherbrooke - Monbulk - Olinda - (Optional: Mount Dandenong) - Ferny Creek
Combo2.png

Combo 3: Sherbrooke - Sassafras - Olinda - Mount Dandenong - Olinda - Sassafras - Ferny Creek
Combo3.png

or just simply enjoy the regen
Combo4.png

p/s: If you are planning for a convoy, cars can either meet up along the way at Coles Express (springvale & Ferntree gully rd) and Upper Ferntree Gully station or we can all just meet up at the cafe car park.

Hi all Melbourne / Victorian Tesla owners and potential owners and visitors from interstate.

Sunday 29th March 10:30 am brunch (it is Sunday in Melbourne after all!) at the http://www.piggerycafe.com.au/ seems to work for those I have spoken to. 10:30 is early enough to have relatively clear roads and, if it is a fine day, we will hopefully beat any crowds. There is plenty of defensive parking at the café and obviously good food.

Jeff is going to suggest a route (it is the Dandenong Ranges after all) - could make for an interesting trip home?

Cheers
Higgy

I'm in.

Gudday Higgy,

Its very astute of you to suggest 'The Piggery' given its about 3 mins from my place. We'll be there :)

As everybody heads up the mountain beware of Buses full of Japanese tourists on roadside- They swarm..... without any regard for road rules......

Also push bikers are a serious Sunday menace.