Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much ground clearance do you want?

• 5.1"

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 4.9"

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 4.7"

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TSportline

Global Vendor
Our springs are under development, and your opinion is very important to us. We want to know what sort of ground clearance the masses want.

photo.jpg

I'd prefer as low or even a bit lower than air-low. It's all about how it actually looks as opposed to any number, but I'd guess my preference would end up somewhere in the 4.5 range. Photoshops might help here...

The question over-simplifies other issues.
-Tesla negative camber still blows out, to about (-2.5) degrees at the low setting.
-I understand current T Sportline spring rates are higher than stock. Do we want higher than stock?
-Tesla's ride heights are all over the place, including slopes. P85/P85D are close to Standard SAS front height, with S85 much higher.
-P85D/P85 rear coil heights are closer to S85 rear coil heights, which (by my measure, w/digital level) are a full 3/4" higher than Standard SAS.

Point being, some may want to equalize the coil heights, dropping only the back of the "P" coil cars. Given what I think is an exaggerated need for SAS, to clear objects, I'd prefer 'Low' or 'Standard'. But I don't even run -2.5 degrees at the track ('Low'), and don't want to budget for straight line tire wear or other Model S owners who can't drive. To sell more springs, offering camber solutions might help T Sportline. As it stands, OPENEvse has stopped selling upper links and Tesla appears to have modified one end of this part, to accommodate a ball joint. With Tesla adopting and subsequently dropping the use of better camber adjustment bolts (I'm told "They still slip"), lowering the car still seems tire-pricey. Put another way, spring solutions don't "pay for themselves" like fixing camber can. And the camber fixes can apply to all Model S's.