Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bosch wiper blades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone else out there has found the factory wipers both noisy and prone to leaving an uncleared streak half way up the driver's side, this is the answer:

Driver's side: Bosch Aerotwin AP28U
Passenger side: Bosch Aerotwin AP18U

They are easy to fit, just put the wipers in to "service mode" first and protect the screen with a cloth while you have the old wiper off.

Reactions: davidmc
If anyone else out there has found the factory wipers both noisy and prone to leaving an uncleared streak half way up the driver's side, this is the answer:

Driver's side: Bosch Aerotwin AP28U
Passenger side: Bosch Aerotwin AP18U

They are easy to fit, just put the wipers in to "service mode" first and protect the screen with a cloth while you have the old wiper off.

Are these what Tesla now put on at service (inspection) time ?

I heard a rumour they'd acknowledged how rubbish the original blades were, and switched to Bosch for the newer cars and service replacements. I'm still a five months away from needing a service and finding out :D

Funny, it was the same with my Roadster 5 years ago - replaced the standard ones with Bosch ones and it was a huge improvement. Did the same on my Model S and another great improvement - guess it does not rain in California so they have no experience with which wipers are best :)

One issue I noticed is that the alternate wipers are a bit shorter for the driver side at least vs the originals (made in Belgium). The Bosch are listed as 650mm, which comes to 25.6" overall, while the originals were 26" overall with ~25.6 rubber wiper.
The reason I ask, is that I tried the Valeo 26", but since they're also 650mm overall, their rubber wiper portion is only ~25" and thus they're almost an inch shorter (mostly on the bottom when wiping)
Can someone who has the Bosch, please measure the length of the wiping edge?