Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Battery pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The A pack was the original pack June 2012, it's limited to 90 kW at a supercharger
The B pack started being delivered early 2013, it can be charged above 90 kW (120 kW)
The C pack was never delivered--at least I know of no posts showing a C pack
The D pack started being delivered in 2014 (not sure when)
The E pack started being delivered later in 2014 (not sure when)
For the last two, the differences aren't known. Perhaps different contactors???

It would be easy to verify. Just get the seller to take a picture of the battery label. To access, turn the wheels to left and look behind the passenger's side tire.

I'm looking online at this used p85 and the delivery date was June 2013 what are the chances it has a B pack?
No one can give you a definite value as to the chance the car you are looking at has a B pack unless they have access to the car and can look at the label on the pack just behind the right front wheel. It could have an A pack or a B pack.

Ask the seller to send you a photo of the pack lab,e, or go see the car if you can.

Must be. You're the first person, that I'm aware of, to say they have a C pack. Of course, I could easily have missed some posts. Thanks for the info.

The revision #'s for the 60 kWh packs are different from the revision #'s for the 85 kWh packs. That's true for any two different Tesla part #'s. There's evidence that Tesla tries to keep refurb part # rev's in sync with new part #'s on the battery packs, but the 60 and 85 rev's aren't comparable.

That can also be true for the dual-motor packs vs. single-motor packs. They have different part #'s so they can have different revisions (although - again - it seems Tesla might be trying to keep them paralleled).

The revision #'s for the 60 kWh packs are different from the revision #'s for the 85 kWh packs. That's true for any two different Tesla part #'s. There's evidence that Tesla tries to keep refurb part # rev's in sync with new part #'s on the battery packs, but the 60 and 85 rev's aren't comparable.

That can also be true for the dual-motor packs vs. single-motor packs. They have different part #'s so they can have different revisions (although - again - it seems Tesla might be trying to keep them paralleled).

So, does anyone know what the 70D will have?

That sounds like you got a recycled battery pack....it's possible during late stage build or pre delivery they found a problem with your new pack and replaced it with a refurbished one before it was delivered to you.

A new car will come with a new pack - even if there's a bad pack during build or delivery, you'll get a new battery, never a refurb.