Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My dad who lives in ABQ stopped by to take pics of the upcoming ABQ supercharger site and was able to speak with the manager, Ottmar, at the HI Express. Ottmar let him know that Las Vegas, NM was further along than ABQ and mentioned that it was at a Comfort Inn. A quick Google search shows this:

Comfort Inn
2500 N Grand Ave
Las Vegas, NM 87701

Location/Address is confirmed!

**see post #5 below by reddy who was able to communicate with the property manager!**

**sorry mods - I didn't quite get this thread into the sc subforum for this section... move me please?**

Last edited:
What's the status on Las Vegas? This one is my jumping off point of the supercharger highway to get to a cabin up in the twisties to the north.

I'm hoping to find some time to give them a call tomorrow... will update if I hear anything.

----
eta:
Just called the front desk. The woman working did not know anything about the supercharger and that there was no active construction going on in the parking lot. She recommended I call back when her boss gets in later tonight.

Last edited:
I got this reply this evening from the property manager:

"Grand H Las Vegas, New MexicoProperty representative

Yes Sir, Yes Sir!! We are so excited to be hosting the Tesla Supercharger station!! Tesla is currently going back and forth on the designs with PNM but the completion is to be before June! Just in time for all the other renovations we are doing to be done."

I am assuming that PNM is the local electric utility...

Yes Sir, Yes Sir!! We are so excited to be hosting the Tesla Supercharger station!! Tesla is currently going back and forth on the designs with PNM but the completion is to be before June! Just in time for all the other renovations we are doing to be done."

This is the Comfort Inn property at 2500 N Grand Ave?

Yes. PNM = Public Service of New Mexico

PNM is the utility for most of New Mexico. Probably what's holding up Albuquerque as well.

Stopped by the Comfort Inn today in Las Vegas, NM. Not a sign of any construction or anything. Tons of wide open space all around the motel as you can see.

tinm-lasvegas00.png
tinm-lasvegas01.png

I went in to the front desk and asked the woman behind the counter if she knew anything about the schedule for the Tesla Supercharger installation. She had no idea what I was talking about. She did say she heard there was going to be a lot of remodeling and construction going on in and around the hotel later this month. But she had no idea what a SuperCharger was let alone a Tesla.

I decided to swing by Santa Rosa for a charge. Nobody around but me.

tinm1.png

Can't wait for the Las Vegas site to open up. It'll make Colorado possible.

I stopped by the identified site for the Las Vegas, New Mexico supercharger on my way to Colorado Springs today, June 26. There was a whole lot of construction equipment and construction vehicles exactly where you would think it would go. Also, they were blocking an appropriately sized section of the parking lot. I think they might be starting construction imminently. Let's hope!

Did you go to Colorado Springs in a Tesla? How does one charge battery on the way, say from ABQ up through Trinidad and on to Colo Spgs? I've not done the trip yet in my S but am wondering if it's KOA kampgrounds the whole way or what?

Maybe you could check Trinidad on the return trip.

I stopped by the identified site for the Las Vegas, New Mexico supercharger on my way to Colorado Springs today, June 26. There was a whole lot of construction equipment and construction vehicles exactly where you would think it would go. Also, they were blocking an appropriately sized section of the parking lot. I think they might be starting construction imminently. Let's hope!

Did you go to Colorado Springs in a Tesla? How does one charge battery on the way, say from ABQ up through Trinidad and on to Colo Spgs? I've not done the trip yet in my S but am wondering if it's KOA kampgrounds the whole way or what?
tinm, I drove my S85 from Albuquerque. Stopped in Santa Fe at the non-Nissan CHAdeMO where it stopped at 80% charge, so I had to drive I25 to Raton at 70 mph instead of 75 (arrived with 22 miles rated range left). I stayed and charged overnight (to 98%) at the Raton KOA. Not all the sites have 50 amp service, so I reserved a site that did earlier that same day. Over 90 miles of range left at my destination in northern Colorado Springs.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you could check Trinidad on the return trip.
reddy, the site in Trinidad is visible from I25, but I couldn't see anything obvious. I'll give a more thorough check on my way back.

Sounds like the Trinidad charger will be a lifesaver for you on any future trips to Colorado Springs. I'm looking to drive to the north side also, between Black Forest and Monument. I've contemplated a full charge at the Raton KOA to do that , but staying overnight is really a drag.

How any idea how many rated miles you used to go from the KOA to the top of the Raton Pass ? And did you need to brake any on the way down the pass ? I'm trying to determine if Amarillo to Trinidad is doable.

reddy, the site in Trinidad is visible from I25, but I couldn't see anything obvious. I'll give a more thorough check on my way back.

Last week we travelled from Colorado Springs to Angel Fire, NM. We started out at 98%. It was predicted that we would cruise in with roughly zero miles left, not a buffer that I was comfortable with given that the car was packed with my wife and 2 kids. We charged for a little over an hour at the Raton KOA. The guy behind the desk said his boss insists on charging for a full night, which was about $40. I didn't think the price was really fair, but I wanted to build up a more comfortable buffer. We spent the time going across the street to an Asian buffet restaurant, which was pretty good. After we hopped in the car, we drove up to Angel Fire without issue. Along the way we passed multiple RV sites that are not listed on PlugShare and I wondered how willing many of them would be willing to allow me to charge for an hour or two if I offered $20. You do have to be a bit more creative off the supercharger highway. I had really been hoping the Trinidad supercharger would be completed sooner.

Well, I stopped again on my way back to Albuquerque. Hate to say it, but it looks like the wait continues. Although there was still some construction equipment, the vehicles were gone and I didn't see any obvious stakes or other marks to indicate construction preparation.
@reddy, no activity or markings at Trinidad.