Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No OBECHE front console!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered the premium rear console in black leather and obeche gloss, no problem getting that. But when I call and try to order obese gloss from center console they say its back ordered! This is ridiculous! They have the veneer to make the rear console but not the front which I feel is more important. The girl told me I can order piano black. I asked if I could swap out that piece for obeche gloss when available and she said no. I asked if they were ever going top make obeche gloss front consoles and she said eventually. This is straight up stupid and terrible customer service. They can't even make decent cup holders in the first place but here I am still willing to buy what I shouldn't have to pay for! They're actually loosing money! The product has been great from day one but the service is ****!
:cursing:

I just ordered the premium rear console in black leather and obeche gloss, no problem getting that. But when I call and try to order obese gloss from center console they say its back ordered! This is ridiculous! They have the veneer to make the rear console but not the front which I feel is more important. The girl told me I can order piano black. I asked if I could swap out that piece for obeche gloss when available and she said no. I asked if they were ever going top make obeche gloss front consoles and she said eventually. This is straight up stupid and terrible customer service. They can't even make decent cup holders in the first place but here I am still willing to buy what I shouldn't have to pay for! They're actually loosing money! The product has been great from day one but the service is ****!

Maybe regular sized ones are in stock? :)
What's ridiculous about it? There's more demand for the front one.

It's frustrating but let's try a little rationalization here. It's an accessory. And I'm it's biggest proponent so you can be assured I want it far more than you do :) But - you can get the black one and just leave the part flipped up and you'll never see the black. The part with the custom finish is quite small.

If you want to understand frustration, go talk to people who preordered a CHAdeMO adapter when it was first announced.

I would bet a donut that Tesla isn't manufacturing the consoles. And I wouldn't be surprised if the manufacturer made a bunch of them a while ago and Tesla sold more of the front console than the back, so they are able to give you one and not the other without a wait.

What's ridiculous about it? There's more demand for the front one.

I would bet a donut that Tesla isn't manufacturing the consoles. And I wouldn't be surprised if the manufacturer made a bunch of them a while ago and Tesla sold more of the front console than the back, so they are able to give you one and not the other without a wait.

The only front console Tesla has sold has been the Piano Black. The other finishes have not been "sold out." Tesla hasn't sold any yet. They do have a waiting list, and some of us that are on it have been being told that we'd be able to order our consoles this coming spring. The website used to say something about spring as well, but I believe it doesn't any longer.

I have been on the list for the obeche console for a while now, and I will say it is a bit annoying that there are rear consoles became available in the interim. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, but I just hope the front console will be good quality considering the wait.

89df7cd9e1beb7c3d12cd80e13b94a10.jpg

I don't think the OP is being completely unreasonable. Tesla is very fond of announcing things that it doesn't really have, and then folks sit around twiddling their thumbs thinking it might show up. Thus, I can see the frustration that the front console, which was announced long ago, still isn't available in his trim but the rear console is.

On the other hand, even a quick perusal of this forum would have told the OP that the Obeche front console isn't available. Thus, with the knowledge he could have gained here, he simply could have added himself to the waiting list.

In addition, this is not, as suggested by the OP, a service issue. It's a marketing/production problem. And let's face, Tesla marketing and production sometimes struggle to align.

Im sorry the thing has been going on for like a year now. They have the veneer why can't they make it! Quite frankly i shouldn't even have to pay for the damn thing. 100k luxury car and the placement of cupholders is terrible. Not to mention all the space in the back of the car and i had to spend 700 for the rear console(cup holders). I have rigged up something in the front for now but it pretty sad that I have to. And when I want to actually buy the thing they won't make it! What pisses me off is that this thing has been on hold for a while and that they made a rear console with obeche before they delivered the front one thats been back ordered for a year! They just seem really unorganized and just don't seem to care.

Im sorry the thing has been going on for like a year now. They have the veneer why can't they make it! Quite frankly i shouldn't even have to pay for the damn thing. 100k luxury car and the placement of cupholders is terrible. Not to mention all the space in the back of the car and i had to spend 700 for the rear console(cup holders). I have rigged up something in the front for now but it pretty sad that I have to. And when I want to actually buy the thing they won't make it! What pisses me off is that this thing has been on hold for a while and that they made a rear console with obeche before they delivered the front one thats been back ordered for a year! They just seem really unorganized and just don't seem to care.

Think of it this way: The car could have come with it, but then the base price of the car would have been $1200 more. You seem to want a free lunch. You also bought the car with full knowledge it didn't have fancy cupholders, but somehow this is Tesla's fault?

Frankly, I'm amazed they're going to be offering the consoles in discontinued wood like lacewood. Ppl should be thankful they're even making the consoles.

Think of it this way: The car could have come with it, but then the base price of the car would have been $1200 more. You seem to want a free lunch. You also bought the car with full knowledge it didn't have fancy cupholders, but somehow this is Tesla's fault?

Frankly, I'm amazed they're going to be offering the consoles in discontinued wood like lacewood. Ppl should be thankful they're even making the consoles.

Its not about fancy cup holders! Its about bad placement of the existing cup holders. They are way too far back. The only reason I want center console is so I can have the cup holder where its suppose to be. Honda and Toyota can do it why can't Tesla? It was a bad design and I've read numerous threads on this site with people saying the same thing about bad placement with cup holders. I just don't understand why tesla forgot about all these people on the waiting list that want the different finishes. And they did forget! Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get obeche in the rear console. I just think they should've have fullfilled orders for the front console before making the rear console in all the other finishes. I think the front console is way more of priority than the rear. IMO

- - - Updated - - -

Its not about fancy cup holders! Its about bad placement of the existing cup holders. They are way too far back. The only reason I want center console is so I can have the cup holder where its suppose to be. Honda and Toyota can do it why can't Tesla? It was a bad design and I've read numerous threads on this site with people saying the same thing about bad placement with cup holders. I just don't understand why tesla forgot about all these people on the waiting list that want the different finishes. And they did forget! Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get obeche in the rear console. I just think they should've have fullfilled orders for the front console before making the rear console in all the other finishes. I think the front console is way more of priority than the rear. IMO

My point is they're charging for something that they didn't get right in the fist place and I have no problem paying for it but over a year wait, when they clearly have the materials. I wish I could talk to Elon Musk. I'm a model s owner by the way, just to reassure everyone, I'm also vested in the company. I want Tesla to succeed but they way they over promise and then ******** frustrates me sorry.

they clearly have the materials..
Who exactly? Auto parts are made by outsourcing to different companies. Major parts like the frame, chassis, body, and engine are usually created in-house, but most everything else is purchased from a tiered automotive supplier. They don't make the seats. They don't make the steering wheel. And I'm betting they don't make the front console accessory either.

And honestly we understand your frustration. You're just typing irrationally.

how come they have obeche for the rear console and not the front?

- - - Updated - - -

Who exactly? Auto parts are made by outsourcing to different companies. Major parts like the frame, chassis, body, and engine are usually created in-house, but most everything else is purchased from a tiered automotive supplier. They don't make the seats. They don't make the steering wheel. And I'm betting they don't make the front console accessory either.

And honestly we understand your frustration. You're just typing irrationally.

Actuatlly when I picked up my car. I got a factory tour and saw them making seats in house maybe this has changed. hopefully not outsourced to china