Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHCH TV Model S misinformed review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reporter as usual was very inaccurate in many areas.
While he was quite enthusiastic not sure where he got his info.
The vehicle tested was a P85+ but confused it with the D. Wrong info about charging and Superchargers too
Not sure where he got the car but there is a shot of the Toronto east location.
I phoned and left him a message let's see if he responds.

Shift: Tesla Model S - CHCH - Your Superstation

I thought the piece had a generally positive overall tone, and the only confusion I noted with the D was with the YouTube inset of the acceleration test responses. Really just a puff piece, but they certainly do like pointing out how expensive the car is!

So the guy called me back. The car was provided by Tesla but the piece was done back in November!
So the D had been announced but not out yet. I clarified some things and he is going to update some of the clip for the evening news. They are planning a review of the D in a few months and said he would like to contact me and learn more about our owners club and our perspective on things.
I think it was somewhat professional to follow up and try to make amends in my mind.

Last edited:
I just watched it online and was disappointed in the mis information especially at the end in the studio where he says "the infrastructure isn't quite there yet".
How dare he say that! The 240 dryer plug does NOT give you 100 km an hour charge and the price, for certain models, is not over $100,000.
Makes one wonder about the reviews he gives ICE cars! They mention for $100,000 you can buy a lot of gas. Maybe so, but in the end, you pay more anyway with an ICE vehicle especially the longer you keep it. Water pumps, fuel pumps, radiator, Alternator, Catalytic conversion, brakes etc. The list goes on and on. None of these issues are relevant on a Tesla.
I wouldn't trust this guy for all the "charge" in China! LOL!

Agree...that was buncombe and a very cheap parting shot imo...he needs to live with an EV for a few weeks to see that the infrastructure is not as big a deal (as non-EV driver's think it is...)

I just watched it online and was disappointed in the mis information especially at the end in the studio where he says "the infrastructure isn't quite there yet".
How dare he say that! The 240 dryer plug does NOT give you 100 km an hour charge and the price, for certain models, is not over $100,000.
Makes one wonder about the reviews he gives ICE cars! They mention for $100,000 you can buy a lot of gas. Maybe so, but in the end, you pay more anyway with an ICE vehicle especially the longer you keep it. Water pumps, fuel pumps, radiator, Alternator, Catalytic conversion, brakes etc. The list goes on and on. None of these issues are relevant on a Tesla.
I wouldn't trust this guy for all the "charge" in China! LOL!

So the guy called me back. The car was provided by Tesla but the piece was done back in November!
So the D had been announced but not out yet. I clarified some things and he is going to update some of the clip for the evening news. They are planning a review of the D in a few months and said he would like to contact me and learn more about our owners club and our perspective on things.
I think it was somewhat professional to follow up and try to make amends in my mind.

I watched the late news last night to see if they would mention the story but they didn't.
I guess they knew they were wrong but didn't want to show it.

They also dismissed the car at the end by asking about forgetting to plug in one night. Unless your commute is more than 100 miles each way, you can skip a night or two of charging. Their statement might apply to low range EVs, but not Tesla. Typical non-Tesla-owner statement.

They also dismissed the car at the end by asking about forgetting to plug in one night. Unless your commute is more than 100 miles each way, you can skip a night or two of charging.
Not quite true in the winter, at least not the winter we have had in Southern Ontario this winter. If you had it set to normal charge, forget to charge one night and it is very cold then you may only get a little of 200km of range total if you have to run your heating at full blast.

Water pumps, fuel pumps, radiator, Alternator, Catalytic conversion, brakes etc. The list goes on and on. None of these issues are relevant on a Tesla.
Not to belabour a point, but Teslas do have water pumps, radiators, brakes, and other things that do wear out: 12v batteries, HVAC equipment, power equipment, etc. But yes, their drivetrain *should* prove more reliable in the longer term compared to ICE vehicles.

Not quite true in the winter, at least not the winter we have had in Southern Ontario this winter. If you had it set to normal charge, forget to charge one night and it is very cold then you may only get a little of 200km of range total if you have to run your heating at full blast.

Absolutely. During most of December, January and February I was using about 60% of my battery's capacity on my daily commute (90% to 30%) and if I forgot to plug in, I'd be in trouble.