Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canmore Arts Centre charger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been to the Canmore Arts Centre recently? There was a CS-90 attached to it for a long time but on Plug Share it says that the building is now under construction and electricity to the charger has been disconnected, the last update was a month ago. I'm planning a trip from Edmonton to Vancouver next week and am sorting out my charging stops, if anyone has any updated information it'd be greatly appreciated.

It looks like construction will be complete in September, but I would imagine electricity will be restored before then. artsPlace Construction Update Feb. 20, 2015 | Arts News | artsPlace Canmore

Unfortunate timing. I'm also planning to drive Van-Edm at the beginning of April and without the Supercharger active, this was my backup. (I used it last April)

I would give them a call before heading out, otherwise you could try one of the private users on Plugshare.
Contact Information | artsPlace Canmore's community arts centre

Hopefully the Supercharger becomes operational before you arrive in Canmore!

I just checked the SunCountry website and it says the charger is not operational until May.

Canmore – Town of Canmore Civic Centre – SCH90/72amp
Charger type: SCH-90, 72 amp EV Charger
950 8th Ave
Canmore, AB T1W 3K1
www.canmore.ca
Notes:OUT OF SERVICE until May 2015 due to building renovations.
corner of 9th St & 8th, 208V/ 69A - 68 kph charge rate

That is unfortunate. :( I've used that CS-90 a couple of times now when I've come down, I really like the location for it. I've also been keeping an eye on the SC construction since January in the hopes it'd be complete by now, alas I don't think it will.

The Tesla website now shows HPWCs, and there seems to be one in Airdrie. They often say guest only, as this one does, but it could be worth a phone call and offer to pay for an hour or two and eat in their restaurant. This would leave you almost 300km from the Golden Supercharger. I don't have the winter driving experience to know if you'd make it, but owners in the Western Canadian Superchargers thread could advise. There are owners, such as gpetti in Calgary that would likely be able to give you a quick charge. Overnight in Banff is another option. I'm curious how it works out for you. I did the drive last year as an experiment, but am inclined to wait for Canmore to open. I can only wait so long. Best of luck.

Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie

Has anyone been to the Canmore Arts Centre recently? There was a CS-90 attached to it for a long time but on Plug Share it says that the building is now under construction and electricity to the charger has been disconnected, the last update was a month ago. I'm planning a trip from Edmonton to Vancouver next week and am sorting out my charging stops, if anyone has any updated information it'd be greatly appreciated.
Spurkey, my 80A HPWC is available on PlugShare for your trip...