Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Initial Impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me start by saying that the NYC showroom was terrific. Friendly clean and much good info. Nice attentive sales staff. Knowledgeable.
Roadster S 2.5

First and foremost, 6"2' and in and out with no problem. Not too low. Mirror too big. Sunvisors really annoying. Build quality very good but not great particularly around A pillar and top.

Driving - what a hoot. Total go cart. AC is fine (86 ambient). Great pick up. Brakes fine. Regen not a problem. Drove highway to 80 and city. Ride quality just fine. May be slightly less jarring than my Gwagen. Much more pleasant than the Carrera 4s I drove last week. Steering was great.

I am almost sold. Got to think it over a little more. Horn needs to be in the center steering wheel but these are nits. I could drive this everyday. Happily.

But did I mention the smile it brought to my face............

Suspension was set to 3 out of 10. That is what the sales person told me. Very comfy. Interesting the thing I liked the least was the 7 in central screen. A little non intuitive but it was the Alpine unit which I am sure I could live with. Boy, was that ever fun.

Getting a little closer to pulling the trigger. Has anyone used all season tires like Conti Extreme DWS on the vehicle so that tires do not need to be changed seasonally? Thinking about silver with lots of CF. How does CK age?? What does it look like after 5 years sitting outside in the sun? This car will not be garaged and it will live in the Northeast US (snow, slush, salt, sand.....).

These cars don't have a five year history to report on aging but maybe some other CF example could be provided. You could buy a car cover. There is a specific Roaster cover with cutouts for all the cooling fans to work. If you buy maybe you could credit TMC for the $500 commission. :)