Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Model S85 Immaculate! $87,500k - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Tesla Model S85 Immaculate! $87,500k

Selling my 2014 Tesla Model S85 The car is always parked in an indoor garage at home. No accidents, clean title, wheels have no curb rash. Like new condition.

Below is the breakdown of all options:

2014 Model S85
VIN: 5YJSA1H1XEFP45016
85 kWh Battery
21" Grey Wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 2 $4500.00
Tan Nappa Leather
Tech Package $3750
Red Multi-Coat Paint $1500.00
Obeche Wood Gloss $750.00
Supercharging
Weathertech all-weather floormats complete set (including
front and rear, front trunk, and rear trunk) $510

** 8 YEAR TESLA WARRANTY INFINITE MILES on motor and Battery**

Private sale. NO TAX!

Asking $87,500.00. Car is located in Helena, AL. Shipping to be arranged by buyer.
Currently has 8,616 miles (I drive it daily so miles will increase)

Feel free to contact me via email or call/text 205.240.9245

List Date: 3/5/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2014 Tesla Model S85 Immaculate! $87,500k
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

EEgjmVuxYqMV.jpg
yyWscQfhAAEY.jpg
ckd6EgS12esb.jpg
2td0QES0rtcH.jpg
xqR0tuxrzEA0.jpg
1TJHjffSxKtS.jpg
ZSFgRy2ywGqR.jpg
8z6jv07xWqJ5.jpg
HqHRtJwgxE05.jpg
QCszaWWkc371.jpg
sp1Z4F4rUMXC.jpg
aZaYeUg7c60R.jpg

Mobile friendly version: 2014 Tesla Model S85 Immaculate! $87,500k

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

Last edited:
What was its production date? Pre or post Autopilot? Why are selling? I am surprised at your "no tax" statement. While I know out of staters would pay tax at registration, would an Alabaman pay tax on a private party sale? In Florida, private party sales incur tax at registration.

1. Production Date: I think it was Jan 2014
2. Does not have Autopilot hardware.
3. I am looking at moving up to the P85D after I sell mine.
4. When you buy a used car you will pay sales tax in your state.

What was its production date? Pre or post Autopilot? Why are selling? I am surprised at your "no tax" statement. While I know out of staters would pay tax at registration, would an Alabaman pay tax on a private party sale? In Florida, private party sales incur tax at registration.

As stated before, you are asking more than what a new one costs (after rebate).
Plus, a new car buyer would get the sensors.

I just don't understand why people can't price their inventories realistically. Tesla inventory cars are discounted $1 for every mile driven, and 1% (or sometimes 2%) for every month since the car enters service.

For this car, Tesla would price it at around $75000 before $7500 federal rebate.

I just don't understand why people can't price their inventories realistically. Tesla inventory cars are discounted $1 for every mile driven, and 1% (or sometimes 2%) for every month since the car enters service.

For this car, Tesla would price it at around $75000 before $7500 federal rebate.

i almost posted the same yesterday...
1. Production Date: I think it was Jan 2014
2. Does not have Autopilot hardware.

You do know that Tesla is selling pre-Autopilot inventory cars at 2% off per month and $1 off per mile? Even going with post-Autopilot, that is 1%/mo + $1/mile.

So using cgi's info, if this was being sold as an inventory car...
Your build new today (but includes autopilot sensors).

View attachment 74109
$86,070 - $8,616 - [93,570 * 0.02 = $1,871 (just just imagine Jan 2015 instead of 2014, so 2 months old)] = $75,583

It's not hard to understand. Sometimes sellers find it difficult to accept how fast new cars depreciate, especially when their car looks "brand new". After listing the car, weeks will pass with little interest from the market and eventually the seller realizes the car is over priced, drops their price and the car is sold.

Also, some Model S sellers are still thinking of what the market was like in 2013 when there was a very limited supply of Tesla's and there were cases where used Model S sold for quite high prices. With the release of the D version and Auto Pilot hardware a lot of Model S owners are upgrading and I think used prices have declined.
And of course the seller always wants as high a sales price as possible and the buyer wants as low a price as possible.