Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 6 plus and P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use ProClip, with the vent mount
Apple*iPhone 6 Plus With A Case*Phone Holders*-*ProClip USA

will post a picture later. I also have the iPhone 6 Plus in an Otter Box, mine is a lowly S85 from December 2012 production, should not matter though.

picture from the drivers POV:

image.jpg

Last edited:
I use ProClip, with the vent mount
Apple*iPhone 6 Plus With A Case*Phone Holders*-*ProClip USA

will post a picture later. I also have the iPhone 6 Plus in an Otter Box, mine is a lowly S85 from December 2012 production, should not matter though.

I had a vent mount holder for an earlier phone of mine and hated it (that was in a BMW). I'd love to see a picture of it mounted in your S85 (and there is no such thing as a "lowly" S85).

Thanks!

I had a vent mount holder for an earlier phone of mine and hated it (that was in a BMW). I'd love to see a picture of it mounted in your S85 (and there is no such thing as a "lowly" S85).

Tesla S 2014 Dashboard Mounts - ProClip USA
Item # 854921
Center Mount

Not sure if that is what prior reply user was talking about -- but I am guessing it is/was. And that is what I have too. My car is a boring MS 85, non performance, non dual drive. But I've had packs of gum/etc fly out of the bin below the 17" screen and my phone stays put VERY nicely. I use a hard-wire kit for my iPhone 6 and that center mount combo, and it charges nicely too. Really the best option, phone is easily nearby for Siri commands, visual feedback etc.

Using the Niteize Steelie.. mounted right below the vent between driver door and steering wheel.
Mounted in the middle of the iPhone and the phone is rock stable even during Insane launches.

Steelie Car Mount Kit

+1 I'm using this too in the same position, mainly for Waze, and it works great! The magnet is very strong and has no chance of popping off on launches.