Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group install of lighted rear applique at Hamilton NJ supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Sunday, March 29 starting at 10:30am at the Hamilton, NJ supercharger, we’ll be doing a group install on five cars of the new lighted rear applique. The T E S L A letters on the applique are lighted from behind with neopixel arrays that make possible color changes and a number of special effects options. See this thread for more comprehensive information about the lighted applique and the evolution of its development.

Installations will be made on the cars of five owners and TMC members: SUPRKAR, NJ Plugin, swegman, Aaron, and artsci. All Model S owners , enthusiasts, and fans are welcome to attend, observe, and lend a hand if need be. Volunteers to take photos and videos of the installation will be much appreciated.

If inclement weather forces a change in schedule the installation will be delayed until Sunday, April 12, at 10:30am.

We now have two install dates. SUPRKAR and I will do the first install on 3-29 on our cars to iron out any installation bugs and problems. Then on April 12 we'll do NJ Plugin's, swegman's, and Aaron's cars.

On both days we'll start at 10:30am

Artsci,
For April 12th, is it going to be at the Newark DE Supercharger, or the Hamilton NJ Supercharger?

We're definitely on for April 12 at 10:30 at the Newark DE supercharger. We'll be doing SUPRKAR's and my car starting at 10:30 am. Any interested Tesla owners are welcome to join us to observe, take photos or vide, or lend a hand.

I am planning to go this Sunday. I am excited to see the installation on your car.

Thank you Artsci for sending me the cutout applique early without the lenses, so I could "de-chrome" it.

We used spray Plasti-Dip, after filling the letters with (silly) putty, and masking out the clear end lenses.

Here is a shot of it.
Applique.JPG

I am planning to go this Sunday. I am excited to see the installation on your car.

Thank you Artsci for sending me the cutout applique early without the lenses, so I could "de-chrome" it.

We used spray Plasti-Dip, after filling the letters with (silly) putty, and masking out the clear end lenses.

Here is a shot of it.
View attachment 77109

Looks good. When it gets to me I'll be the one installing the letters and electronics.