Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning re Ft Myers SC Directions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just headed south from Tampa to Marco Island. Missed the exit for the Ft Myers SC. The exit for the spot has been moved about 1/2 mile north, and the Tesla NAV map does not show the change. Look for the exit signs for Germain Arena and Alico Road. They are at least 1/2 mile north of the exit that the nav system will prompt you to use. The new exit takes you off of the Interstate early and runs parallel to the road until you get to the correct spot.

if you miss the exit, you have a 3 mile drive to the next exit for your return trip to the north.

Hopefully the maps and nav system will be updated to reflect this change.

Just headed south from Tampa to Marco Island. Missed the exit for the Ft Myers SC. The exit for the spot has been moved about 1/2 mile north, and the Tesla NAV map does not show the change. Look for the exit signs for Germain Arena and Alico Road. They are at least 1/2 mile north of the exit that the nav system will prompt you to use. The new exit takes you off of the Interstate early and runs parallel to the road until you get to the correct spot.

if you miss the exit, you have a 3 mile drive to the next exit for your return trip to the north.

Hopefully the maps and nav system will be updated to reflect this change.

Done it 3x!

I did that drive about a month ago and i didn't find it hard to navigate. I just matched the road name with the exit the system wanted me to take. Presto!

If I remember correctly, it started warning me about the exit about 1/2 mile before I needed to get off.