Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Report: Tapatalk "First Unread" mode is broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SW2Fiddler

We Are Cognitive Dissidents
Mar 19, 2014
Houston TX
Even when selected (in Settings > Read mode), the behavior in Tapatalk app is to open to the very latest post. One has to scroll back until a post looks familiar.
Tapatalk support says it is dependent on the forum supporting the "first unread" feature... and Scout's Honor, it worked fine until last week sometime.

iOS, Tapatalk, V3.6.0 in case it helps.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Easiest way is to use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.

~smacks my dumb forehead~ actually didn't think of going to "Web View" to seek a helpful link. Most of those functions aren't in Tapatalk interface but most of the time you don't need 'em!

Makes sense and easy enough (but it is akin to needing to bring a token Spark Plug in to Tesla Service to make an appointment :D).

*sigh* I feel well and truly spoiled now. See y'all on the webby side...

Rick

Last edited:
There are certain settings on the forum itself that affect how Tapatalk presents it.
Been thru similar break-fix situations on other fora.
"Certain forum systems support..."
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425917618.595391.jpg

If someone actively repaired this highly convenient feature, I thank you from the bottom of my phone-addicted little heart!

...If not, All Praise Be To The FSM!

Is it fixed for you? Mine still doesn't work. If I read threads in the subscribed section it always goes to the last unread.

Other forums work as expected but the volume of posts is dramatically smaller.