Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here we go again, Utah refuses to give Tesla a license to sell vehicles...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Craig Bickmore, executive director of New Car Dealers of Utah, which opposes HB394, said the law is in place to help consumers. If they have a problem with their new car, he said, the dealer can act as an intermediary or advocate, rather than the customer having to go directly to the manufacturer.

"It has worked very well," he said.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

At what point will these guys ever look at data from survey after survey and acknowledge what a load of horse hockey that argument is? Yes, this is a rhetorical question - I know the answer is "never".

I've had a dealership refuse to perform warranty work on a car because the engine wouldn't give them a code with which they could get reimbursed from GM. GM's regional office was no help. The dealership didn't care. GM didn't care. How do these laws protect me against that?

I've had a dealership refuse to perform warranty work on a car because the engine wouldn't give them a code with which they could get reimbursed from GM. GM's regional office was no help. The dealership didn't care. GM didn't care. How do these laws protect me against that?

Actually, most likely the consumer protection laws in your state help protect you from that. Tesla won't be exempt from those consumer protection laws and we don't want them to be exempt. However, there shouldn't be a rule that says the manufacturer can't operate a law abiding service and sales center that adheres to the relevant consumer protection laws.

Try to find consumer protection in New Hampshire. We have no sales tax, no income tax, pay our legislators $150/year (yes, you read that right) and many agencies are populated with volunteers. Now, if I wanted to hire a lawyer and put him on retainer, I could have done more but I didn't have an additional $5000 lying around.

Where is John Wayne when we need him.

Willie Nelson Song

Come on back Jesus (Come on back Jesus)
Come on back Jesus
And pick up John Wayne on the way
The world's done gone crazy,
And it seems to get worse everyday
So come on back Jesus,
And pick up John Wayne on the way