Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Michelin Super Sport Availability in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I've started shopping for summer tires for my new 21" rims since 2 weeks ago. I can't find michelin super sport anywhere in Canada. My only option is TireRack but the total becomes ridiculously expensive. I called a few local shops in addition to KalTire without luck. When they call michelin, they reply with the same answer every time: there is no ETA, that if they become available.

Tesla SC in Montreal only got the PS2 and the Continentals.

Is there anyone else searching for them and is able to find any?

Thanks!

Just an update: I almost gave up and reserved the Continentals at the Montreal SC just in case. I passed by Costco, although they had nothing available online, and I was told that the online system is different and that the stock and the tires aren't necessary the same. As expected, the SS wasn't available, however, they had the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 available for $277.xx a tire! It's Y96 and I honestly was skeptical but since it's Costco, I couldn't say no to that and I paid for them. They should be ready for pickup in a week.

I was trying to avoid the PS2 from the reviews, but for that price...!

U.S. suppliers are similarly back-ordered.

Keep in mind that the PS2s don't have the same warranty the PSS have, IIRC.

Apparently Michelin is (globally) out of 245/35ZR21-XL and hasn't schedule a new production run yet.

I have the same problem (need new rear tires this summer) but my P85+ has the wider rims, so PSS aren't even an option (I don't want to run 245's in the back).

My current plan is to go with Hankook V12's since they're only $350.

Tire Rack isn't so bad - I just get them shipped to MyUSAddress.ca in Ogdensburg, pop over the border, and pick them up. Just got a set of Nitto NT-01's at $500 off Canadian prices.

Not too bad if you live near the border. Duty is still a killer though.

No duty for US-made tires (which mine were), and duty if applicable isn't that much. Mainly you pay the GST/HST. No brokerage if you bring it over yourself.

I can easily do Ottawa-Ogdensberg-Ottawa on a single standard-mode charge driving full speed in any conditions. It's not that far.