Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you set the automated blinkers one-touch to more than 3 blinks if you could?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The automated blinker is set at 3 blinks from the factory. I find this to be too short.

I know other car manufacturers, like Lexus or BMW, allow you to change that setting, and increase/reduce the amount of blinks. If I could, I would do so in the Model S to increase it to 4 or 5 blinks.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to suggest this to Tesla?

3 is good for me. pull again for 3 more.:love:

Ah, but the problem with that is when you don't wait for a second or so after the 3 first blinks go. If you don't wait enough, nothing happens because the system takes it as a cancel signal (you know you can cancel those 3 blinks by pressing on the lever again)...

- - - Updated - - -

The number of blinks seems to be non-deterministic for some reason. Most of the time it's 3, but every now and then, I get 4. Anyone else experienced that (bug)?

I sometimes hear a fourth blink, but never really caught the indicator flashing on the speedometer. I hear that often, but just assumed it was my imagination. I see we're 2 now that hear such things... Should we call a Doctor? ;)

I sometimes hear a fourth blink, but never really caught the indicator flashing on the speedometer. I hear that often, but just assumed it was my imagination. I see we're 2 now that hear such things... Should we call a Doctor? ;)

I have caught the 4th blink -- it's real, thus no doctor required. At first, I thought that the blinker stalk was not debounced properly, and the extra blink was actually the first one. However, I've since detected that it seems to happen when something else is going on (nav system blurting out a direction, radio display updating with new song title, ...). It's not annoying, just curious. It's happened on every version of firmware since 5.12 at delivery. I'm currently on 6.1 (2.2.140).