Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

253 mile EPA rating on a P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thats great mileage CottonWood!

I read your follow up to learn this was in wet / slush conditions so assuming average temps of 5c / 40F which is even better. I assume that the average speed was more like 40-50mph and not highway to get some great mileage out of a P85D

thats great mileage CottonWood!

I read your follow up to learn this was in wet / slush conditions so assuming average temps of 5c / 40F which is even better. I assume that the average speed was more like 40-50mph and not highway to get some great mileage out of a P85D

Some details at P85D Lost power on road, - Page 29

I drove at Posted Speed Limit + 4mph with cap, max speed of 59 mph. I also had a tail wind most of the way.

Nice to know that that awesome wh/mi figures can be achieved on the R2s.

Sad to say, I'm having quite a different experience here in Boston this winter. I'm probably averaging 380-400 wh/mi, with a lot of excursions out to 500-600 wh/mi and peaks off the graph. Mostly smaller trips. Lotta snow, ice, slush. Cold -- just hit 35 for the first time in 3 months or more. My R2s apparently can't magically get me down to the energy consumption numbers you guys are hitting. :) And yet you're going up and down that Hole in the Wall driveway every day (loved your P85D video about that).

Thanks,
Alan

Both of us are running Nokian Hakka R2's, real winter tires.