Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Koenigsegg Regera 1800bhp EV Hybrid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dec 22, 2014
UK
Koenigsegg Regera 1800bhp EV Hybrid

Koenigsegg Regera is 1800bhp of mad - BBC Top Gear

image.jpg

Harumpf. "A 9kW battery pack". Come on, Top Gear, you can do better than that. And a 9kWh battery pack means this is using the electric motor for nothing more than filling the turbo hole... 2.7s 0-62 isn't all that insane, but 93-155 in 3.2s sure is...
All that at $1.9M

2.7s 0-62 isn't all that insane...

Well, it would qualify for "insane" by Tesla standards ( < 3.2s)
Anyways, Koenigsegg said they couldn't do better because of traction limits.
I guess they would need to go AWD if they wanted to be quicker to 60mph.

- - - Updated - - -

Wheels remind me of biohazard symbols...

spec_svc_biohazard.png

image.jpg

Harumpf. "A 9kW battery pack". Come on, Top Gear, you can do better than that. And a 9kWh battery pack means this is using the electric motor for nothing more than filling the turbo hole... 2.7s 0-62 isn't all that insane, but 93-155 in 3.2s sure is...
All that at $1.9M
Keep in mind that they're doing it with RWD platform. Most other cars have to rely on AWD to even think about getting close to that mark. That in itself is pretty insane :)

I'm curious to see what it does 60-130mph, which is seems to be the popular metric among the high HP crowd nowadays. There are Nissan GTRs and turbo Gallardos that are doing 60-130mph in the 2.3 second range now, accelerating harder from a 60 punch than other cars do from a dead stop. I've heard that the only way to describe it is, "teleportation" :-o

Christian von Koenigsegg drives a Model S by the way

View attachment 74457

He doesn't only drive it. HE LOVES IT and advocates for TESLA and Elon like us fanboys/girls in here! I've heard he ordered a P85D, maybe I can go to Ängelholm and see it. My gf's cousin works with the interior in the cars. So hopefully i get a peak into the factory and meet the big man. Christian want and thinks everything "daily driver" like cars will go electric and just the mega/supercars and the classics will still be powered by gas.

Anyone know whose batteries they're utilizing? Or did Rimac have a hand with that too?
Concept_One Battery system - Rimac Automobili

Mate Rimac shared the news on FB the day the Regera was revealed:

Rimac Automobili added 3 new photos.
What happens when two of the world's most innovative companies work together to create the world's most powerful production car? Rimac Automobili supplies the world’s most power-dense battery-system and other components for the Koenigsegg Automotive AB Regera – the world’s most powerful production car.
The incredible Koenigsegg Regera - unveiled just now in Geneva.
Read the whole story here: http://goo.gl/rP4Yif

There was definitely pressure from the other big boys in town like Laferrari and M P1 for going hybrid. However it was his Tesla that truly converted him using electric in his cars, as he was anti electric several years ago.
He was asked why did he buy a Tesla you know because it's electric? His answer because it's the best everyday car and it just happens to be an electric car.
Considering that he has ordered the P85d look forward to 4wd with outside wheel torque distribution like the electric SLS and a cam shaft less engine in future models. Talking about outside wheel torque distribution I would love Tesla to use that in top of the range models in the future.

Just a quick correction:

It has 3 electric motors with a total of 700 Hp (torque: 900 Nm) and an internal combustion engine with 1100 Hp (torque: 1250 Nm) power output. (The ICE has bit more power on E85.) Now, it seems the total power is 1800 Hp (as the title says) but the power peaks are spread out and they don't top on each other so the total combined power is ""only"" 1508 Hp (torque: 2000 Nm).