Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New squeak, new roll/rattle, worrisome gap...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

xytor

Roadster #221
Jan 13, 2015
Seattle
Hi,
Over the weekend I accidentally took some pretty violent bumps while accelerating. I think I may have even caught a bit of air... :eek:

Anyway, I've noticed a new squeak that is pretty constant when the car is moving, something is rolling around when I turn, and there's a gap on the bottom plate... (pictured). Although I don't know if the gap is new. Is it supposed to be like that?

What do y'all think?

IMG_1221.JPG

If you have the same gap other side, if yes, then I personally not worry, unless you see other damage.
If you dont have the same gap on the other side, and it's only the undertray part then your likely fine.

Last edited:
If you have the same gap other side, if yes, then I personally worry, unless you see other damage.
If you dont have the same gap on the other side, and it's only the undertray part then your likely fine.

There is the same gap on the other side. I was just hoping somebody here could look under their own roadster 1.5 and see if it's there :)

Mystery number 1 is a squeaky suspension above the rear left wheel... I guess that's something that can happen in all cars and is most likely harmless.
And the gap is perfectly normal, according to some knowledgeable folks!
Still have something else rolling around though...

Mystery number 1 is a squeaky suspension above the rear left wheel... I guess that's something that can happen in all cars and is most likely harmless....

I has this issue and replaced my rear bushings. It took about 2 hours per wheel for me to do. All has been quiet for a year. A spray lubricant can also help but only for for a week or two.