Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Party at Picnic Creek 2015 - Help Pick the Date

Which date works best for you?

• Only Sunday, Thursday is a deal-breaker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
TMC Connect 2015 is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of July 11th. Last year, Party at Picnic Creek (PPC2014) was held on the Thursday night prior to the conference. Sunday night wasn't an option because of Refuel events.

We have a choice this year between Thursday (right before the conference) or Sunday afternoon/eve (right after the conference). I liked having it right before, but I did get several regrets from people who couldn't make it because of work conflicts.

So I thought I'd throw it out there and find out which day is preferred for PPC2015. Obviously vote only if you're thinking of attending.

TMC Connect 2015 is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of July 11th. Last year, Party at Picnic Creek (PPC2014) was held on the Thursday night prior to the conference. Sunday night wasn't an option because of Refuel events.

We have a choice this year between Thursday (right before the conference) or Sunday afternoon/eve (right after the conference). I liked having it right before, but I did get several regrets from people who couldn't make it because it was a work night.

So I thought I'd throw it out there and find out which night was preferred. Obviously only vote if you're thinking of attending.

One benefit of right after would be any of us that couldn't make the conference could hear about it sooner. I can't think of a down side other than transportation: You have those that couldn't come early because of work, and there will be those that can't stay late because they have to get to the airport and back to work.

Sure is great to be retired!!!!

I like the Thursday option, but flexible as I'm planning on hanging around the Bay Area a few days after the conference.

If it's Sunday, you can still stop and pick up wood for any potential bonfires. :) In fact, if it's Sunday, I won't mind if a few people stop on their way down the coast and help me get everything set up Thurs before I leave for the conference. (Hint hint) Pre-PPC2015!

If it's Sunday, you can still stop and pick up wood for any potential bonfires. :) In fact, if it's Sunday, I won't mind if a few people stop on their way down the coast and help me get everything set up Thurs before I leave for the conference. (Hint hint) Pre-PPC2015!
Sweet. Will have to wait for the details for the conference first. In any case, I'd be more than willing to help out and donate again where/when I can.

I'm planning on a rollercoaster/theme park tour in southern California before the trip, with possibly a Reno, or Vegas added to it. In July 1982 I did them all, in July 1985 I did them all again. Now 30 years later I want to do them again in July 2015! 30 years, where did the time go?

Last year we had a *little* bbq here because of the folks driving cross-country for TMC Connect. And it just kind of grew from there, till we had a live band, giveaways from Tesla, games, etc.

It is by invitation, but I extend it to most everyone :), especially if you're kind of local and/or attending TMC Connect. We had just over 100 people here last year. I'll be opening it up a little bigger this year, since we had plenty of space.

Here's a little taste of what last year was all about:

PIP1.jpg

We have a choice this year between Thursday (right before the conference) or Sunday afternoon/eve (right after the conference). I liked having it right before, but I did get several regrets from people who couldn't make it because of work conflicts.

So I thought I'd throw it out there and find out which day is preferred for PPC2015. Obviously vote only if you're thinking of attending.

I'm planning to drive cross-country this year but I think TMC may be a week or two early for me.
But as to your picnic problem, why compromise? Have it on BOTH days. :biggrin: