Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next gen seats for non-P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now the question is are they going to allow retrofit?

My guess is that if they do allow purchase of the OEM seats to the general public, that they're going to be obscenely expensive (expect $5000+ per seat). If you're interested in getting more supportive / custom seats, we can do something for you custom like we did on our car:

1798935_768055336600674_9180106214188705580_o.jpg

A new wrinkle from my DS is that in order to change an existing confirmed order that has not yet entered production, you must accept switching your order to the March Pricebook. This means dual chargers, metallic paint and interior decor all go up. It's worth it to me to get the new seats, but it bumps the price again.

A new wrinkle from my DS is that in order to change an existing confirmed order that has not yet entered production, you must accept switching your order to the March Pricebook. This means dual chargers, metallic paint and interior decor all go up. It's worth it to me to get the new seats, but it bumps the price again.

Bleh. So if you have a confirmed order with those options (like I do), the next-gen seats effectively cost ~$4500 instead of $3500. That might be a little too much for me.

Bleh. So if you have a confirmed order with those options (like I do), the next-gen seats effectively cost ~$4500 instead of $3500. That might be a little too much for me.
I'm just glad to have the choice. After trying the standard and next-gen seats side by side, it was almost a deal breaker for me not to get them. I'm happy they provided a path for my priority, but many are perfectly happy without them.

That wasn't the case when I added subzero last month. They didn't charge me the extra 1K for the D, as I paid 4K for it.

Aren't the Nextgen seats on backorder for the P85D? I seem to recall Tesla is blaming the port strike and says they won't have them until May. Seems like an odd time to add demand for them.

If I do change my order and add the seats, will that delay delivery?

That wasn't the case when I added subzero last month. They didn't charge me the extra 1K for the D, as I paid 4K for it.

Aren't the Nextgen seats on backorder for the P85D? I seem to recall Tesla is blaming the port strike and says they won't have them until May. Seems like an odd time to add demand for them.

If I do change my order and add the seats, will that delay delivery?

My impression was that this was new policy and surprised my DS, but you should probably contact yours and get the straight scoop.

I suspect they feel confident that they will have seats enough for all orders by May. What happens in March/April? TBD

I'd totally pay the extra for the seats. Seats are one if the most important aspects of the interior and in the case of the Model S, they make a huge difference.

Just got an email back from Tesla on upgrading the seats on my 85D scheduled for April delivery:

[FONT=&quot]If we add them on, you would be subject to the price increase of the seats, plus a $500 change fee. Your vehicle would also be subject to the new pricing of the other options since you want the new option.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

For $1500 I would have considered it. For close to $4K (change fee plus new price differential on D, paint, etc.) I'm going to pass.

I am building my S85 and the seats were a $3,500 upcharge. Are they worth it? I'm hearing yes.

I think the best way I've seen it described is if you want to sit "on" your seats or sit "in" your seats (have them hug you). For the former, pick standard seats. For the latter, pick the next-gen seats of the $2k above leather or $3.5k above textile are worthwhile to you.

Personally, I would have a hard time choosing them at $3,500. But, if I have decided to get leather over textile, then the $2k difference would be worth it for me.

Just got an email back from Tesla on upgrading the seats on my 85D scheduled for April delivery:

[FONT=&amp]If we add them on, you would be subject to the price increase of the seats, plus a $500 change fee. Your vehicle would also be subject to the new pricing of the other options since you want the new option.[/FONT]

For $1500 I would have considered it. For close to $4K (change fee plus new price differential on D, paint, etc.) I'm going to pass.

I don't blame you. I get the uncharge for the seats, but I think tacking on all the other costs, when you ordered before they changed their policy is a low blow and a rip off. Very disappointing to hear.