Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Website/Design Studio Update - Twin Chargers no longer available from factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
Just noticed that Twin Charger option has been removed from the design studio although it's still described in the online brochure. Also, EPA ratings for the 85D and P85D are now official (no longer stated as pending confirmation). Also gone is the statement about 21" wheels resulting in 3% less range (there's still a sentence in the fine print section apparently referring to the blog post or range calculator, but without a functioning link at the moment).

Isn't that a decrease from $1500 to $1000?
Metallic paint was $750. Multi-coat red and the pearl white are $1,500.

Carbon fiber decor is now $1000. Other trim options now $750. Piano black is still no charge.
Tech package doesn't say anything about navigation or free map updates. [Looks like Nav with the map updates is listed as standard equipment now.].
Winter wheel packages are gone too. The wheels are still available in the accessories area.
Next gen seats are $3,500 (I thought they were $2,500 originally).
Wall connector is gone too along with the dual charger.

Last edited:
This is weird...Did they come up with new charger or dual charger is a standard option now?
The specification page continues to read as if a single charger is standard, but a second charger is available. However, it is unclear whether Tesla is still tinkering.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed some changes.... noticed that the USA base price for the 60 went down from $74,570 to $71,070 and the S85 went down from $82,570 to $81,070 according to my old notes. Also the Next Gen seats appear to be order able for all models, not just the P85D.

I don't see any changes in the base prices with no options for the US site.