Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla "D" Launch Event in Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, thanks for posting - very interesting details and great presentation by Jerome.

One thing people were speculating about but I never heard officially is that some ModelS owners are testers for new software releases, although he didn´t make it clear whether those even know they are...

The two interesting takeaways for me from this presentation were:

1.) Firmware 6.2 is coming very soon and will include major navigation improvements on all Model Ss (and possibly more Autopilot features on equipped cars?)

2.) Tesla is using the service comment cards and other customer feedback to decide what order to add features in. (This makes sense, but I hadn't heard it diretly stated before.
Walter

The things that I found interesting/significant is that dual motor system was in development for a year and a half, and that Jerome confirmed that there will be no Model X reveal event in advance of the launch event. It seems that a launch event will be when the first batch of "founders" cars are delivered.

Its not what I wrote! Implying that I did would be inaccurate!

I really did not mean to imply anything, just asked the question.

I am really not following what is the point of bringing up the valet feature - it is not a feature that would be used every day by far shot. There are so many other features that are likely to be requested much more often that the valet mode.

Is Jerome talking about the Tesla Service Survey that gets emailed to us? I remember a box to enter feedback but I was under the impression it was service related, if they want feature requests they should have a separate survey or browse the many threads here on TMC.

Anyone have a screenshot of a service survey? Maybe I missed something.

- - - Updated - - -

It was. But not the *most* requested feature by far - that is why I am surprised that valet mode is brought up before other, likely more often requested features which are likely to be used every day.
So tell us, what was the "most"? Currently what is the "most"?

So tell us, what was the "most"? Currently what is the "most"?

I do not know; neither anybody else, including you. The exception are members of Tesla team that compile statistical data per Jerome and members of Tesla management that they report the data to.

And this is why I asked the question - why bring seemingly random among other often requested features, but definitely not the *highest* priority feature in this context?

Last edited:
I'm not sure why this is an issue. Sure it may not be the highest priority to you but 'some' people want it and have asked for it for years ln this forum.

It is not an issue for me. Perhaps you are reading more than what was in my post.

I really do not understand bringing up the valet mode in context of what Jerome said, and looks like it will stay this way as my original question was never answered.

Anyway, it seems that it is time to move on...

One thing people were speculating about but I never heard officially is that some ModelS owners are testers for new software releases, although he didn´t make it clear whether those even know they are...
Yes, the beta testers know who they are. They aren't allowed to say anything about it however, so they don't post here much. You can probably tell who they are by looking for high post count members who've stopped posting much. They are either now working at Tesla or are beta testers (or they got bored with the board).