Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More specifics on the Kolibri battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dutchie

Jun 9, 2013
Canada
It is in German but you can read the specifics. The battery has a capacity of 500Wh and weighs 4 kg. It can last at least 5000 charging cycles. A 85 KWh unit would be about 680 kg.
To be honest I don't know if it is an improvement in weight compared to the current technology but the 5000 charging cycles seems an improvement..

http://api.ning.com/files/Qyn*Uz1Wn...BXCN2N5jg65GBIjK7bB/KolibriLibertyCell500.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Shoot, spelling mistake in title which I can't change.. Moderator, please help....

The battery cells in my Smart ED were rated for 3000 cycles before losing 10% capacity. 4000 cycles to 20% loss. Etc. That is 10 years of charging. Doubt I'll drive my Smart for 10 years, but I may give it to my son in 5-6 years so I can try something new.

As for Tesla Model S battery cells, with thousands of happy customers driving for two years and hundreds of charges each, there does seem to be evidence that loss of capacity is not an issue (yet).

5000 full cycles in a 400km range car is 2 million km. I highly doubt that will be a requirement. 3000 cycles is 1.2M km. Etc.