Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS P85 dashboard buzz/rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep - had this on my new Model S. On mine it was the plastic trim piece on the underside of the hood over the dash display. This piece is just clipped on and pops off rather easily. Ranger popped it off and put felt tape on the underside then put it back on - rattle gone.

Anyone else have a buzz/rattle in their dash board? It is at the top of the curve portion of the dash just above the instrument display. You can make it stop by pressing lightly on the top edge of the same area.
Mark - Union City, CA

Yes mine had a rattle that emanated from trim piece just fight of the dash and the top left corner of the screen center screen. My tech fixed by taking off the trim pieces and adding in some felt tape

Those clips are easy to break, and the entire dash is put together with them, as I saw when I took it apart.... The plastic trim piece under the binnacle is the only place where the clips are all plastic and not metal on plastic, which explains why they are relatively loose. The metal ones are very tight.

Anyone else have a buzz/rattle in their dash board? It is at the top of the curve portion of the dash just above the instrument display. You can make it stop by pressing lightly on the top edge of the same area.
Mark - Union City, CA
Exact same problem here. It's been to SC once to have it fixed, came back just as bad as it was. I want to fix it myself but can find how to disassemble the top part of the dash

Exact same problem here. It's been to SC once to have it fixed, came back just as bad as it was. I want to fix it myself but can find how to disassemble the top part of the dash
I had the same problem and it would stop if you pressed down on the top part of the dash which would only work if i kept my hand on it. However, i have recently discovered that if you press the wood trim between the steer wheel and the touchscreen it disappears. I think the problem is that these panels are clipped in and can move around slightly when driving. This can then trigger a rattle somewhere else.