Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S P85+ to Kauai

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent a car to Kauai about 23 years ago. They told me at the Long Beach port to make sure I removed anything loose from inside the car and to not include any personal items. When I picked up the car in Kauai, the glove compartment was opened and the contents, which I had not removed, were strewn all over the floor. There were some items missing. The tire inflator, which I had stored with the spare tire was still there, however. I would recommend taking their advice and not leaving anything loose in the car and shipping it separately. Items such as the UMC come to mind.

They let me drive with my AZ plates until they expired, but I had to have a safety inspection done and have one of those nasty stickers on my bumper. Having the safety inspection period not coincide with the registration period became a nuisance later on since you have to have a safety inspection before being able to register you vehicle, which made the out of sync inspection and registration a hassle.

I sent a car to Kauai about 23 years ago. They told me at the Long Beach port to make sure I removed anything loose from inside the car and to not include any personal items. When I picked up the car in Kauai, the glove compartment was opened and the contents, which I had not removed, were strewn all over the floor. There were some items missing. The tire inflator, which I had stored with the spare tire was still there, however. I would recommend taking their advice and not leaving anything loose in the car and shipping it separately. Items such as the UMC come to mind.

They let me drive with my AZ plates until they expired, but I had to have a safety inspection done and have one of those nasty stickers on my bumper. Having the safety inspection period not coincide with the registration period became a nuisance later on since you have to have a safety inspection before being able to register you vehicle, which made the out of sync inspection and registration a hassle.

That's nothing. one of my friends shipped his car from PA to CA. CA Highway patrol pulled it over and found that the people driving had stolen it from the car terminal area. my friend had to fill out piles of paperwork to get his car back when he arrived in CA.

.... and yes remove everything and anything that is not bolted to the car.

I will be shipping my Model S P85+ to Kauai, next month to my new home.
Any help with shipping info, battery concerns (long shipping time), would be appreciated.

Welcome to Hawaii.

If you leave the stay connected setting turned on, you probably can check its status when its in cell tower range. It will probably come to Oahu and unloaded/reloaded to interisland mover to Kauai. (This is likely because you are shipping it. TM turns remote access off before its put in the container.

Maybe you should create a Kauai thread here and seek out other Kauai based owners. Note: Prefix your thread name with Kauai, so it draws less mainland member comments.)