Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have any P85D owners received their EV rebate yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked Tesla about it the other day. They said that they figured that the December car rebates were late because of the holidays and would likely start coming in in mid March.

The rebate has nothing to do with Tesla. It is the provincial government that issues it.
Mind you, Tesla has to submit it to the gov't and depending on how long that takes, could be a reason for the delay.

In Montreal, they took the rebate off the price of the car. No waiting at all.

In Ontario, it is up to the dealer to decide. When we bought our company Volt, the dealer applied the rebate at the time of the sale. Tesla helps you fill out the forms, and I believe will submit on your behalf, but you have to wait for the government cheque.

FWIW, I got my rebate money amazingly fast (I think under 2 weeks) when I got my car in March 2013. Sounds like things are slowing down at the Ministry!

I'd suggest calling Service Ontario to check on your rebate. The people who answer the phone may know have the info so they'll probably take your number and call you back, but when I did this, I got a call from someone who knew what was going on and they processed my rebate quickly.