Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Executive Rear Seating _ anyone taken delivery yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposed to get mine this Tuesday so assuming they installed them I'll post back. I have this fear that they may have shipped the car without them like many of the first people with NG front seats. fingers crossed.

jsaccio, did you take delivery of your car yet? very curious as to what an actual owner thinks of the executive seats. would love to see some real-life photos! the only photos I've seen have been from Tesla.

Recently at a Tesla showroom in Corte Madera California I sat in a demo car that had the Executive rear seats. They were very comfortable. Not an option I would ever want because they don't fold down and the reduce the rear seating capacity from three to two, but the Chinese will love them.

I really love the look of the executive seats and don't really find the bench seat at all useful for 3 adults anyway (my kids are grown). I have rarely needed to fold the seats flat but yes, that would give me pause as well. I am a big fan of the hatchback and giving up the cargo carrying capacity would be tough. If they made it with to fold down or possibly so that you could remove and store the backrests I think I'd be all over it.

Personally I'd order these seats if they could be combined with the third row kids seats.

We often transport 4 kids around, but never 3 across on the back seat.

The better question is... has anyone heard anything about the new app that's supposed to be included with them (the one that lets rear passengers control the seat heating and climate from the back of the car)?

Have had MS now for a couple of weeks with the new executive rear seats. I'll take a photo tomorrow but here's my thoughts so far. First, I don't sit back there but have had several people comment that they are very comfortable. They look great and since we don't need space for five people (or the need for folding) it's worth it for the armrest and storage. If I had known about the new rear console I probably would have just got that and saved the money but I do like the winter package and premium interior now that I have them.

I was only in the normal rear seat for a short time during our initial P85D test drive and I was not crazy about it. I shifted around a little bit and it felt like a bench seat, at least compared to what I'm used to. I will say that my very first impression in the new seat was it felt a little vertical but that feeling fades quickly.

My wife and I recently went for a test drive in an S85D in Portland which had a "maxed out" interior with the executive rear seats, premium interior, black Alcantara headliner and glossy wood. I have to say that this car felt way more expensive than a previous P85+ I test drove a year ago with the older interior. My wife said the rear seats were very comfortable and she loved the material of the headliner.

I am very impressed with how much the interior has improved with so many subtle changes from the yacht floor, dashboard Alcantara, higher screen resolution, fit and finish...etc. I was underwhelmed with the interior when I first drove the car (compared to 2 Lexus and a BMW 7 series). I drove a brand new Volvo XC 60 rental to the event and it rattled all the way there. The S85D was as solid as a bank vault. We both really felt the improvement and that is saying something because the Volvo has a nice interior.

For me the only downside to the S85D was the constant low speed whine of the front motor, but that's another thread and as far as I know it is now taken care of.

Last edited: