Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S at Pebble Beach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, great videos Bob thanks for sharing.

I never realized how noisy the S was but I guess it should be expected in a pre pre-production model. Did they mention what the noise was?

Albern,

Keep in mind that the running Model S is just a show car and not the final product. I watched the video and figured that the noise could have been the fans for the battery and the assisted streering system. The other sounds could have been the mount point for the interior parts but I think the final product will be a solid offering.

Whining noise

Understand that the "prototype" is just that. Under the skin is the power train and battery pack of a Roadster. We were going no faster than 25 or so miles per hour and the whine (which I did not notice until you brought it to my attention) was from battery cooling and the power steering (since the fans weren't working). The whine was not really noticeable while we were on the test drive.
Yes, foot space was at a premium on the drivers side but, as Dan mentioned, the interior is going to change.

Bob