Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed Owner's forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like the Private setting available on the official Tesla forum. Reason being, some things I want to complain about but don't want to publicly bash TSLA, hurt the brand or the company, etc., but want feedback on.

Has TMC considered creating private subforums for confirmed owners only? You could even put one under each existing category.

How would TMC confirm that someone is an owner? Tesla can easily do so, since your login to the site provides that information. TMC has no access to that database.
Send a mod a pic of the VIN on the car and the VIN on an insurance card. Pay $5 processing fee to support the forum. I've been on forums with this feature - it's nice to have an area to vent or chat outside the public eye.

How would TMC confirm that someone is an owner? Tesla can easily do so, since your login to the site provides that information. TMC has no access to that database.

Nor do I think we need to. What's there to hide? We can all root for Tesla without trying to tiptoe around the bad issues. This is an open forum to discuss the good and the bad.

Can I point you to the recent "Why do people have Copyright notices in their signatures" thread to why people might not want the public privy to our dirty laundry? Tesla is a small young company and I don't want to hurt it. But I do want to ask other owners questions that could damage the company.

Can I point you to the recent "Why do people have Copyright notices in their signatures" thread to why people might not want the public privy to our dirty laundry? Tesla is a small young company and I don't want to hurt it. But I do want to ask other owners questions that could damage the company.

If you read the thread, you'll see the issue was cherry picking and having quotes taken out of context.

Sorry. I'm personally here to discuss the car and company, not hold its hand and baby it. I'm not going to hesitate to discuss the bad alongside the good. They can handle themselves just fine without my motherly touch.

Not at all, @eco5280. This was an idea that the TMC mods have pondered. @bonnie gave the best reason we haven't acted, which is that we've got no straightforward way to verify ownership. Remember, TMC is strictly a volunteer organization, so even the reasonable idea of independent verification with a fee would prove challenging for us to implement and, I suspect, would result in only a tiny minority of Tesla owners bothering to register, which would greatly diminish the usefulness of an owners-only area of the forum.

OK. Just an idea to improve the forum. Glad to see everyone's so open-minded to new ideas. I guess I'm an idiot.
I don't think anyone implied that you were an idiot (interesting, that's not a censored **** word).
There are practical issues with this. Right now I am not a Tesla owner. I traded my old one in a couple of weeks ago and am anxiously waiting for the new one. Am I allowed in?
What about someone who sold theirs for good because they hated they car (hypothetically speaking, I guess)?
And on the flip side, what's the value? I think we are the strongest advocates for Tesla - and we are best doing that by challenging the company to get better. Read all the threads about the issues with .167, AWD models and range mode...
So I think while the idea has potential merit, there are too many issues policing and implementing it, and not enough benefit to justify the effort.