Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mexico has.....issues

not to mention, they're trying to make pemex more copetitive....id rather tesla focus on the developed countries first.

plus, mexico is not as infested with gas guzzlers like america/canada, so environment wise, its less urgent, if that makes sense.

If you plan to drive your Model S to Mexico, note that the Service Plan contains the following language:
F. TerritoryThis Agreement applies to a Vehicle sold by Tesla in the Tesla North America Warranty Region andtransported or driven only in the Tesla North America Warranty Region. For purposes of this Agreement,the Tesla North America Warranty Region is defined as all 50 states of the United States of America, theDistrict of Columbia, and all 13 provinces and territories of Canada. If Your Vehicle was sold, transportedor driven outside the Tesla North America Warranty Region, no warranties or coverage, including thisAgreement, will apply.
A plain reading of this language implies that taking your Model S into Mexico voids the service agreement.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Superchargers in Mexico!

A plain reading of this language implies that taking your Model S into Mexico voids the service agreement.
Yep, the wording "States... Provinces" implies that not only is Mexico no longer in North America (!), but neither is "the Commonwealth of Massachusetts."
;)

Yeah I kinda remembered there was more than one, but not where!

Kidding aside, I guess I am saying if those who have driven into Mexico have actually HAD their service agreement voided, then that is the way to read it. (Remember, TM knows what your car did last summer...) So: yeah I agree that Mexico is "different" enough to make SCs less likely to be instituted very soon, but quietly driving to Rocky Point or Nuevo Laredo and back is likely to be 'whatever you get away with.'

Last edited:
Yep, the wording "States... Provinces" implies that not only is Mexico no longer in North America (!), but neither is "the Commonwealth of Massachusetts."
;)

Yeah I kinda remembered there was more than one, but not where!

Kidding aside, I guess I am saying if those who have driven into Mexico have actually HAD their service agreement voided, then that is the way to read it. (Remember, TM knows what your car did last summer...) So: yeah I agree that Mexico is "different" enough to make SCs less likely to be instituted very soon, but quietly driving to Rocky Point or Nuevo Laredo and back is likely to be 'whatever you get away with.'

You can turn off tracking right?

How about the moon, Tranquility Base, would be a good starting point. Neil Armstrong's iconic " One Giant step for man, one giant leap for mankind" could be changed to "One electrifying step for men and women, one Supercharged leap for all kind!"

>>>If Your Vehicle was sold, transported, or driven outside the Tesla North America Warranty Region, no warranties or coverage, including this Agreement, will apply.

This makes my head hurt!

If you drive to Mexico, the agreement says that the agreement itself doesn't apply, which means there's no trouble with driving to Mexico, which means...

First supercharger location in Mexico!
En Cuernavaca, Morelos, se instalará la primera estación supercharger de Tesla en México

Google translated version:
A few weeks ago the same Elon Musk confirmed that Mexico will soon reach the first loading station supercharger for their cars. Such confirmation left us with a huge question, what place the station would be installed?.

That question seems to be answered today: the first charging station Tesla supercharger in Mexico will be installed at Galerias Cuernavaca, in the city of Cuernavaca, Morelos. This has been known by a user of Reddit .

The first station in Mexico supercharger
User posted said a few minutes ago a thread, accompanied by a picture , in which you get to see the inside of a building with a series of QR codes stuck on the wall. You read these QR codes and to his surprise link to tweets of Elon Musk in confirming the arrival of these stations to Mexico.

The building is none other than parking inside the Galerias Cuernavaca, a shopping center located at kilometer 87.5 of the Mexico-Acapulco highway.

For now you can not see the charging station, which means that continue efforts for installation. We do not know when it will open, but it would be logical to start operating when Tesla make the delivery of the first units of the Model Shave been acquired in the country.

QR codes on a wall, linking to an Elon Musk tweet that Mexican Superchargers are coming in 2016.
I find myself wanting something more before thinking we know this is the first Mexican SC location.
Permit search?
EDIT-> I see Fred Lambert confirmed it with TM. That's enough for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: jvonbokel and Chuq