Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Keep track of energy cost per mile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really be nice to know the real cost per mile I have and have one more item in the brag bag :biggrin:.
I assume we have a very sophisticated computer system in this automobile with sensors and measuring devices all over, I think it should be real easy to get an app to keep track of the cost of all energy that goes into the car via the charging port.
Lets say it cost 11c kw/hr at home, free at the superchargers, 5 bucks for the RV place somewhere we stop to get a bit of juice and so on.
Lets have a screen we can enter the cost of the charging station and store it based on the gps location to record all that is used every time the car is plugged in.
In those cases that the location is not already stored it will ask for the cost as soon as one gets into the car after unplugging it.
Now we can go brag about that we can not do 100 miles to a gallon of gas but we can go 1000 miles for few bucks and have the data to back it up.

image.jpg

I added it to Remote S.