Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Effingham, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Only 164 miles to Lafayette, IN SpC.

Is this the first SpC actually ON a petrol station property? A technicality perhaps.

This reportedly is a single station (10 employees) and not part of a chain.
--

Last edited:
Funny that Gas stations evolved to convenience store stops as a way to attract customers (money). It is only natural to move toward electric charging locations for the same reason. I understand the probability of doing so at the franchised stations is very small (oil would consider it a competitive move), but independents should note.

I stop at my 'former' gas station more often now, than I did before. Where I would put off any purchase till I needed gas, now I stop whenever I need something else in the store. And they appreciate that I pull the Tesla in which starts conversation.

Nice! Is this the first SpC actually ON a petrol station property? A technicality perhaps.

I wondered that myself, but I haven't followed that many locations closely enough to know.

This location looks like the location. Do you agree?

Jack Flash - Google Maps
1200 North Keller Drive
Effingham, IL 62401

Yes, that's the location. Here's a Google Maps screenshot with some added restaurant labels. Also, the Walmart there is open 24hrs and is just a few minutes away on foot.

unnamed.png

Wowoweee!. Another link in the Chicago-Fl route. 186 miles from Effingham to Country Club Hills - doable in an 85 and no worse than Savannah-St. Augustine, but a site in Champaign would help reduce nail-biting. Note that Mt. Vernon, IL is still on the 2016 map, but I wish they would also add Champaign. Also on the 2016 map - a dot in the Paducah-Metropolis area (unless I read the map wrong).

Nice! Only complaint is with this portion of the article:

"According to the Tesla website, Effingham will have the first Tesla charging stations in Illinois outside the Chicago metropolitan area, where there are four such stations. A review of a location map on the website shows that the Effingham stations will be the company's first outside any metropolitan area."

What map is he looking at? ie what about Normal (first in the state, right?) or Springfield which opened recently (or is everything down to Springfield considered to be part of Chicagoland? And I have been to plenty of SC's outside of metro areas... hello Utah! Journalists give me a headache!

Only complaint is with this portion of the article:

"According to the Tesla website, Effingham will have the first Tesla charging stations in Illinois outside the Chicago metropolitan area, where there are four such stations. A review of a location map on the website shows that the Effingham stations will be the company's first outside any metropolitan area."

Yeah, I let that slide simply because it's so obviously false. Anybody who looks at one of Tesla's maps for themselves can see that. That said, the borders of Chicago are highly variable depending on where you're from.

Illinois.png

Hey that gives me an idea... Tesla should take their Supercharger dashboard and put one up on a small monitor at each Supercharger station. Curious (bored) owners could check it out while charging, and prospective customers could be enlightened about just how extensive the coverage is.

Last edited:
Nice! Only complaint is with this portion of the article:

What map is he looking at? ie what about Normal (first in the state, right?) or Springfield which opened recently (or is everything down to Springfield considered to be part of Chicagoland? And I have been to plenty of SC's outside of metro areas... hello Utah! Journalists give me a headache!

Wow, these people need to get out more. They've obviously never been to Tifton, GA or Lake City, FL. Metropolitan and those cities and have never been spoken in the same sentence in history!

Santee, SC? Metropolitan area?