Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CEO Says He's Proving Car Maker's Critics Wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mark this Stardate -312408.77860223234 in your calendars.

Congratulations, TEG! You have reached the mythical 6,831 posts !

Attachments

• ClappingEmoticon.gif
    ClappingEmoticon.gif
    6 KB · Views: 267
Very interesting article and interview. Elon and Tesla Motors has a very good plan and the capital in place to reach the mark of bring the Model S to market.

It seems that the only thing that slow down or kill the Model S are Americans not understanding the product & the potential, Tesla Motors itself and a failure in the supply chain.

I get more and more excited as the TM moves closer to the launch date.

EVNow... exactly. I'm sorry if I left a little gray area there.

Considering that Tesla has not really done any advertising for the Model S, it is a little ignorant to go blaming the consumer. Yes, in an ideal world consumers should be doing a lot of things differently (one being doing more research than some people do). But still, Tesla has done near nothing advertising wise for the Model S. Hell, I am not even sure how much advertising they have done for the Roadster, I know I have never seen a commercial of ad for it.

Also, do not take my post as blaming Tesla. They know they have about 1 1/2 to 2 years before the car comes out. They do not want to start advertising and having the general public think that the Model S is going to become vaporware, because consumers will either think that or totally forget about a product with that big of a time frame. They will probably start doing more advertising when they get 6 months to a year out from releasing the car.

P.S. I mean no offense to you in my post, just stating my opinion. I also could be misinterpreting your response to EVNow.

-Shark2k

Last edited:
@shark2k, the only advertising I've seen for the Roadster is a couple of scans posted here and a few banner ads online. As for the Model S, you are correct. Tesla hasn't advertised the Model S because they currently only make money from the Roadster. Your timeline for advertising the Model S (six to twelve months before it's release) sounds logical and accurate to me.

I'd bet that Tesla has at least some timeline for advertising the Model S planned out, it's just a matter of hitting a few targets before advertising commences.

@shark2k, the only advertising I've seen for the Roadster is a couple of scans posted here and a few banner ads online. As for the Model S, you are correct. Tesla hasn't advertised the Model S because they currently only make money from the Roadster. Your timeline for advertising the Model S (six to twelve months before it's release) sounds logical and accurate to me.

I'd bet that Tesla has at least some timeline for advertising the Model S planned out, it's just a matter of hitting a few targets before advertising commences.

Yeah, I am thinking because they are hoping to sell a lot more of the Model S than the Roadster they want to make sure they are less likely to have delays so they do not piss people off. I remember reading on here about the Roadster having some pretty big delays and I am sure they do not want the same things to happen with the Model S after they start advertising it.

-Shark2k