Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went out this morning to drive into work, and the radio had no sound - neither FM, and then I checked AM (never listen to it), and no sound there either. It was up on the screen, but just no sound. But, Slacker worked fine.

??????????????????

I have that exact same problem from time to time. No sound from FM. Super intermittent. If I get out, let the car turn off, get back in, sound is usually working again. Rebooting the center screen brings it back too.

Keep reporting it to Tesla so they eventually track it down.

-m

When I went out that evening, the radio was working fine.

Kudo's to Tesla. They noticed this thread and Peter from the Orlando Service center called me to reach out to see if they could help. He offered to remote into the car and see if that would take care of the problem, and if not to bring the car in for an evaluation. Since it only happened that one time, we both think it is not necessary but will monitor it in the future.

Think about it though - what other manufacturer monitors forums like this, and then when there is an issue brought up they proactively contact you to see if there is anything they can do to help. Just another way that sets Tesla apart!